Modding a Left 4 Dead 2 Survivor
Creating the addoninfo.txt File
file is required by L4D2. It contains description information shown to the user via L4D2's Add-ons menu item.
- The AddonTitle will show on the left side of the Add-ons list and at the bottom when the addon is selected.
- The AddonVersion
will not show anywhere, but is good to change for each release to make
it easier to fix any problems. Knowing which version a player is using
can be very helpful.
- The AddonDescription and AddonAuthor will show at the bottom when the addon is selected.
- The AddonAuthorSteamID does not show anywhere but gives a standard place for your Steam ID.
- The AddonURL0 does not show anywhere but gives a standard place for a download link of your addon or for your web site address.
- The AddonContent_Skin and AddonContent_Survivor
are set to 1 with everything else set to 0. This will show "Skins,
Survivor Models" on the right side of the Add-ons list and at the bottom
when the addon is selected. (Presumably, a new survivor model will have
textures not found on the original survivor.) Using a survivor name
(such as Ellis) instead of a 1 will not show anything extra, not even