Chevron USA Inc, 1400 Smith St. Suite# 47196, Houston, TX 77002-7308
Highly experienced in clastic reservoir characterization, 3D complex reservoir geocellular modeling for fluid-flow simulation (Petrel and GoCAD), structural and stratigraphic/facies data interpretation from well logs and seismic, numerical calculation of capacity and volume, and petrophysical data evaluation. Trained in CO2 flood in EOR and monitoring probable shallow leakage in Gulf Coast and West Texas. Numerous scientific presentations in international conferences and author of several peer-reviewed journal articles.
2013- Asset Development Geologist
Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company, Houston TX
Responsibilities: Prospect maturation, asset development planning, design and implementation of formation evaluation programs and collaboration with Reservoir and Production engineering staff to execute drilling programs; Integrating geological and core data into reservoir simulation for production and interference prediction; Formal mentoring and guidance of less experiences geologists and/or intern employees.
2010-2013 Geologist at Bureau of Economic Geology, Austin, TX
Responsibilities: Gulf Coast and Permian Basin Reservoir characterization for CO2-EOR; detailed subsurface mapping using sequence stratigraphic architecture for Texas offshore Miocene sequences; 3D static and dynamic reservoir modeling of complex faulted reservoirs for fluid-flow simulation; Capacity/volumetric estimate for large scale regional offshore Gulf of Mexico CO2 storage sites.
2007 Geoscientist at Hess Corporation, Houston, TX
Responsibilities: Determine controlling parameters of reservoir quality (porosity-permeability) through composition and provenance data of Wilcox Formation in deep water Gulf of Mexico; Burial history modeling for P-T condition; Petroleum System study of deep water depositional settings for reservoir quality team.
► Subsurface characterization and mapping with logs and geophysical data
► 3-D geocellular modeling using Petrel®
► Well log analysis for correlation using sequence stratigraphic framework
► Structural and stratigraphic interpretation of seismic data in Kingdom®
► Complex fault modeling in 2-D from well logs and in 3-D from seismic data
► Establish monitoring network in shallow zones for MVA in CO2 -EOR fields
► Burial history and thermal maturation modeling for exploration
► Provenance analysis for clastic sediments via geochemistry & geochronology
► Quantitative sedimentary petrography and SEM for poro-perm and diagenesis
Schlumberger Petrel, IHS Petra, IHS Kingdom, ESRI ArcGIS, Interactive Petrophysics, Trinity, Genesis, NeuraLog, Petrog, and many more
Ph.D. Geosciences - 2010, Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of South Carolina, SC, USA
M.S. Geology - 2005, Department of Geology & Geography, Auburn University, AL, USA
B.S. Geophysics - 2000, Department of Geology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- RECS Programs for Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage 2012, Birmingham, AL
- IEAGHG Summer workshop 2011 on Carbon Capture & Storage, Urbana, IL
- Reservoir modeling using Petrel®, Schlumberger Learning Center, Houston, TX
- Permian Basin reservoir characterization, modeling and Monitoring, RRC Texas
- Seismic Structural Analysis by ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil URC
- Extensive field work at Patagonia, Southeast Asia, Middle-East, and United States
· Zahid, K.M.; Hosseini, S.A., Nuñez-López, V., & Hovorka, S.D., 2012, Characterizing CO2 storage reservoirs and shallow overburden for above-zone monitoring in Texas Gulf Coast EOR fields. Greenhouse Gases Science and Technology, v. 2, p. 460-473.
· Zahid, K.M., & Uddin. A., 2005, Influence of overpressure on Formation velocity evaluation of Neogene strata from eastern Bengal basin, Bangladesh. Journal of Asian Earth Science, v. 25, p. 419-429.
- BEG Annual pub awards 2011, 2012, 2013
- AAPG Imperial Barrel Award Competition 2009 regional champion from eastern USA
- Best Ph.D. oral presentation award: Graduate School Competition 2009, USC
- Research and travel support grant from Geological Society of America, 2003 and 2006
- Serve in various project and service committees at BEG 2010-2013
- President: AAPG Chapter at South Carolina, 2006-2007
- Treasurer: Sigma Gamma Epsilon Honor Society, 2003-2004
- Explore UT: CO2 usage, effect and awareness demo during UT Open House day 2011-2013
- Science Quest: Middle school science projects for afterschool kids
- American Assoc. of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)