Make Ahead Bean and Rice Burritos
By yummy mummy kitchen
Healthy make ahead bean and rice burritos are perfect for easy vegetarian packed lunches. Find out how meal prep and freeze burritos.
- 6 warm tortillas (gluten free if needed)
- 2 (16 oz.) cans fat free refried beans
- 2 cups cooked rice or quinoa
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- any veggies you would like to add
- guacamole for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Transfer beans to a saucepan and warm to soften.
- Place tortillas on a work surface. Spoon beans into a "log" just off center closest to your body. Be sure to leave about two inches on either side of the log. Top with rice and salsa. Add any vegetables you would like. Don't add avocado or guacamole. Starting from the edge closest to you, tightly wrap the tortilla just over the fillings to seal. Tuck the sides in and continue rolling, as shown in the video. Place burrito on a cooking sheet. Continue until all the tortillas have been used. Brush the top and sides of burritos with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes, or until light golden.
- To store burritos for later, allow them to cool completely. Then transfer to a freezer bag or container. Freeze or refrigerate until ready to pack or eat. Reheat in the oven at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes oven or microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.