Lemon Filled Lavender Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour (or substitute all purpose flour + 1.5 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp salt)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; line a 12 count muffin pan with paper liners.
- Put the sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor. Process briefly to combine.
- Tip the lavender sugar into a bowl with the butter and beat together until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time,
then sift in the flour and fold gently. Stir in the milk, then spoon
the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer
inserted in the center comes out clean, then transfer to a wire rack
to cool. adapted from food.com
1/4 cup lemon curd (you can make your own, or use store bought)
Use a paring knife to remove a "plug" from your cupcakes. Fill hole with lemon curd.
1 stick butter, room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1.5 teaspoons lavender honey (available at gourmet food stores and lavender farms)
Beat butter, cream cheese, and honey together until combined. Add sugar and beat to combine.
Frost cupcakes and top with a lavender flower.