Description of Resources
The menu on the left side of this homepage will lead you to the different resources that have been developed.
- Home - Welcome, Description and Agenda
- Mac Intro - The basics of using a Mac and some of the differences between working on a Mac and a PC.
- Task Descriptions - An overview of the kinds of tasks we will complete through the day and media products we will create.
- iLife Suite - A collection of presentation files that will guide you through most of the steps involved in the tasks we will be completing. These presentation files also include links to additional online resources (tutorials, manuals, Windows alternatives, etc.) that will help you work with the specific version of software that you are working with and/or complete certain types of tasks that are not covered in the workshop.
- Note that there are sub pages for each software tool.
- Curriculum Resources - this page has examples of curriculum expectations from science and social studies that you might use these tools to meet. Language expectations have not been listed, but the research, planning, scripting, and producing of these media products would involve curriculum expectations from reading, writing, media literacy and oral communication strands.
- Grade specific subpages list an expectation, examples of how you would use PhotoBooth, iPhoto, and iMovie to meet the expectation and have a few photos/videos that you might use in the workshop.
- Web Content - This page provides information on copyright issues, and links to public domain, Creative Commons licensed, and other types of media that teachers and students can generally freely using in class.
- Additional Resources - This page has a link to the full presentation file, in PPTX format, as well as a word document where you could record notes from the workshop with each slide. In addition there is a link to a Lino-It page to share ideas for how to use these resources in class.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Digital Literacy Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
- Mac Basics
- Working with Public Domain and Creative Commons Licensed Content
- Photo Booth
- Garage Band
- Wrap Up