of the hottest topics in educational technology today has to be mobile
content creation. With the rise of the tablet, particularly the iPad,
K12 and adult students are eager for opportunities to learn just-in-time
with their device of choice. Apple’s January 2012 announcement of
digital textbooks and a teacher-friendly iBook authoring software has
pushed the conversation around eBooks to the forefront of the
meet the changing demands of our learners, teachers need to become
proficient in mobile learning pedagogical approach that is grounded in
a thorough understanding of mobile technologies hardware, software and
OS. This session will prepare K-5 administrators, teachers and parents
to support student use of iOS learner-centered devices including iPad,
iPod Touch and iPhone in the creation of custom digital texts.
books with or for young children supports literacy skills and creative
thinking. Come to this session ready to learn new ways of making books
and experience software programs and apps that educators, parents and
children can use to produce e-books for viewing electronically.
Attendees will learn about eBooks as well as several iOS apps
that can be used to create custom eBooks that support and enhance the
reading and writing process and content area knowledge. Be ready to
create, design and publish your own e-publication and share it with
Professional Learning Goals:
benefits and challenges of creating custom eBooks;
- how iOS devices can
be used to create ePubs and other eBook content;
- how to use iOS apps with K-5 students to tell their
own stories, boosting writing and reading skills.
- We all want to get better in the work we do as educators.
- We all want to be kind and courteous, and to accomplish this, we also need to be thoughtful, insightful, and provocative.
- We all need to remember "we are in this together."
- We are exploring OUR WORK as educators and the outcome will be improved learning for ourselves and our students.