Wong, Yongkang 黄永康
Assistant Director / Senior Research Fellow
Sensor-enhanced Social Medial (SeSaMe) Centre
Interactive & Digital Media Institute (IDMI)
National University of Singapore (NUS)
Address: I3 Building Level 2
21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Email: yongkang döt wong ät nus döt edu döt sg
yongkang döt wong ät ieee döt org
Phone: +65 6516 5956 (office)
Fax: +65 6773 5018
- Senior Research Fellow at the Sensor-enhanced Social Media Centre (SeSaMe) Centre @ IDMI, NUS. Current research interests are in the areas of machine learning, pattern recognition, computer vision and image understanding (CVIU).
- Received the PhD degree (2012) from The University of Queensland in the areas of pattern recognition and CVIU in the context of robust face-based identity inference under challenging surveillance environments.
- I was also a member of Advanced Surveillance Group, NICTA. My work was implemented as part of NICTA's libFSE (Face Search Engine) and vidFSE (video-based FSE), which received the following awards:
- The Best Research and Development Software winner award, IFSEC International Security Event, UK, 2011
- The Best Research and Development project winner award (nomination code: AUS-REDE-13-05), APICTA 2011 R&D award
- The Best Research and Development Software winner award, iAward – National, Australia, 2011
- The Best Research and Development Software merit award, iAward – State, Australia, Queensland, 2011
- Received the BEng (Electrical & Electronic) degree (2006) from The University of Adelaide.
- Previously worked at Clipsal Integrated Systems and Codan Limited under EEASA's industry graduate program. Also collaborated with Dr. Arnold Wiliem on bioinformatics (feature selection for cancer classification) at NICTA.
- More details on LinkedIn profile and Google Scholar
- My paper titled 'Patch-based Probabilistic Image Quality Assessment for Face Selection and Improved Video-based Face Recognition' received the Highest Impact Award (presented at CVPR 2015 Biometrics Workshop)
Patent(s) / Invention Disclosure(s)
- C. Sanderson, Y. Wong, Identifying Matching Images, WO2011088520A1,A8, US20120328197A1, US 9,165,184 B2
- S. Chen, Y. Wong, Image Quality Assessment, WO2012109712A1, US20140044348 A1
- Reviewer of (Journal)
- Information Fusion - 2013
- Multimedia Systems - 2013, 2014
- NeuralComputing - 2015
- Pattern Recognition Letters - 2015
- Transactions of Circuit System and Video Technology (TCSVT) - 2011, 2012
- Transactions on Information Forensics & Security (TIFS) - 2014
- Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing - 2014
- Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation (JVCI) - 2016
- MDPI Information - 2016
- Reviewer of (Conference)
- Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR) - 2011,2013
- International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV) - 2012, 2014
- International Conference on Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) - 2016
- International Conference of Pattern Recognition (ICPR) - 2012
- International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB) - 2014, 2015
- International Joint Conference on Computer Sciences and Software Engineering (JCSSE) - 2014
- IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV) - 2014, 2015, 2016
- Area Chair
- IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV) - 2017
- Program Committee
- Workshop on Pattern Recognition Techniques for Indirect Immunoflourescene Images - 2014
- Pacific Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology - 2015
- Label Consistent Quadratic Surrogate Model for Visual Saliency Prediction
Y. Luo, Y. Wong, Q. Zhao
Accepted on IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2015.
- Multi-Camera Saliency [PDF]
Y. Luo, M. Jiang, Y. Wong, Q. Zhao
IEEE Transactions of Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), accepted.
- On Robust Face Recognition via Sparse Encoding: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly [PDF]
Y. Wong, M. Harandi, C. Sanderson
IET Biometrics, Volume 3, Issue 4, December 2014, Pages 176--189
- Automatic Classification of Human Epithelial Type 2 Cell Indirect Immunofluorescence Images using Cell Pyramid Matching
A. Wiliem, C. Sanderson, Y. Wong, P. Hobson, R.F. Minchin, B.C. Lovell
Pattern Recognition 47 (7) 2014.
- Temporal Encoded F-formation System for Social Interaction Detection
T. Gan, Y. Wong, D. Zhang, M.S. Kankanhalli
tags: social interaction, social computing, F-formation, video analytics, bahaviour modeling.
ACM Multimedia, 2013.