What's ICOS ?
ICOS (Interval COnstraints Solver) is a software package for continuous optimization and solving nonlinear and continuous constraints. It is based on constraint programming, interval analysis and global optimization techniques. ICOS handles the standard form AMPL.
AMPL and ipopt solvers
How to use ?
- Go to the ICOS directory
- % cd icos
- Test the program by typing:
- % icos-clp-? benchs/alkyl.mod C=configurations/2b-borsuk3.cfg A="../ampl" G="logs"
- * where "benchs/alkyl.mod" is the optimization problem to solve, "C=configurations/2b-borsuk3.cfg" contains some tuning and parameters of the branch and bound algorithm, "A="../ampl"" fixes the AMPL solver path, and finaly "G="logs"" fixes the path where results will be stored.
Some configuration files
- Don't forget to put "solve;" at the end of your mod file. (This is justified by the semantics of AMPL ...)
- ICOS : a branch and bound based solver for rigorous global optimization [forthcoming Optimization Methods and Software 2009]
To come soon ...
Many thanks to Claude Michel, Michel Rueher, Olivier Lhomme, Arnold Neumaier and Oleg Shcherbina for many interesting discussions and feedback.