The 12th Annual Youth Leadership Conference on Asian and Pacific Islander Health is several weeks away, and we are all very excited to meet each and every one of you. The Youth Leadership Conference team is working extremely hard to ensure that this year's program will be an inspiring and rewarding experience.
Below you will see important logistics regarding the conference. Please read this page in its entirety:
1. Traveling and housing information are posted here.
This page details:
- Airports that are suitable for fly-in.
- Directions to get from each airport to Stanford Campus.
- Dorm buildings you will be staying in for the duration of the conference.
- Dining services for meal accommodations.
2. Specific instructions for booking transportation from the airport to and from Stanford Campus are posted here.
- Three options are provided: Super Shuttle, South and East Bay Shuttle, and Taxi Cab.
- It also has further information from the nearby airports listed under Travel and Housing.
3. Once you arrive on Stanford Campus:
- The exact location of check-in is Crothers Memorial courtyard. It looks like this !
- Check-in time is from 2:00 - 3:00 PM. Do not come early, because there will be no accommodations prior to 2PM.
- You may either be dropped off at the end of Escondido Road or find parking at Parking Structure 6.
- There will be guiding signs posted around campus which will direct you to Crothers Hall, directions can be found here
4. All participants will be housed in Crothers Memorial, and dining will take place at Arrillaga Family Dining Center.
- Male and Female participants will be housed in Crothers Memorial, separated by gender-specific floors.
- Participants will share a room with two twin beds and a communal bathroom on each floor.
- Meal accommodations consist in dinner on August 6th; breakfast, lunch, and dinner on August 7th and 8th; and breakfast on August 9th.
- Each participant will receive a meal card that allows him or her to eat at the dining hall.
- A lost dining card will cost the participant $15 to be replaced.
- A lost dorm key will cost the participant $135 to be replaced.
5. Dress code:
- Comfortable clothing, nice tailored jeans or khakis. No ripped or tattered clothing please.
Thursday: Business Casual
- During the conference, you will interact with physicians, policy-makers, and other professionals to represent your school and community. Therefore, we expect a business casual dress code. For women, appropriate attire includes dress shirts, blouses, sweaters, slacks, casual skirts, and dress shoes. For men, appropriate attire includes polo shirts, collared shirts, sweaters, casual slacks, khakis, and dress shoes. The business casual dress code does NOT include jeans, shorts, tank tops, sneakers, or flip-flops. Please note that there will be a good amount of walking required throughout the conference, so wear flat, comfortable shoes. Hats are prohibited at all times.
Friday: Casual with YLC T-Shirt
- YLC T-Shirt, nice tailored jeans or khakis. No ripped or tattered clothing please.
Saturday: Business Casual
- Look at Thursday's dress code.
6. Suggested Packing List
We will be providing:
Bedding (Pillow and case, sheets, and blanket)
Laptops and Charger
Extra Jacket or Hoodie
Toiletries (Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
Comfortable Shoes -- there are days when we walk 2+ miles
Prepaid Phone Cards in case students need to call home
REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE!
7. You must fill out the necessary liability and consent forms for YLC.
Conference participants must sign the following forms: Code of Conduct and Additional Information, General Rules and Regulations Consent Form, Individual Liability Waiver, and Photography Release. Put the forms in the mail NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, JULY 11, 2014:
8. Lastly, please join our Facebook group here, if you have not yet done so!
Prepare for a rewarding four days of hard work and awesome fun.
The Youth Leadership Conference team looks forward to meeting all of you!