Email: yinan926 at vt dot edu
Resume: [pdf] [doc]
M.S. and B.S. Computer Science, Research Interest
- Mobile computing, wireless networks, network security, performance modeling and optimization.
- Distributed and parallel computing, distributed systems.
Research Assistant Jan. 2009 ~ present
- Integrated mobility and service management in wireless mesh networks
- Cache consistency management for mobile data access in wireless mesh networks
- Algorithms for mobile multicast services in wireless mesh networks
Research Assistant Aug. 2006 ~ Dec. 2008
- Model-driven auto-tuning framework for automatically generating highly-tuned dense linear algebra (DLA) kernels on parallel hybrid (CPU + GPU) many-core parallel architectures.
- Complete interfaces to GridSolve in Octave and IDL.
- Automatic workflow discovery and generation based on static code analysis, and workflow scheduling for efficient problem solving in GridSolve.
Research Intern May 2005 ~ Aug 2005
- Web services matchmaking in Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Eclipse plug-in that semantically translates model representations between XML and UML.
- Eclipse plug-in that is capable of evaluating the similarity between two data models.
Research Assistant Sep. 2003 ~ Jun. 2006
Grid Computing Laboratory
- Campus wide Grid computing infrastructure.
- Client tools for job submission, management, and status monitoring.
- Peer-to-peer based resource sharing in Grid computing environments and supporting tools.