- Jan, 2013- Now: Assistant Professor of Operations Management, Lee Kong Chian School of Business, Singapore Management University
- 2008, Instructor of a MBA course, Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University
- Methodologies: stochastic dynamic programming, financial engineering
Applications: energy, especially renewable energy; agriculture operations
Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, U.S.
Ph.D. in Operations Management, 2009-2012
M.S. in Operations Management, 2007-2009
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
M.E. in Industrial Engineering, 2005-2007
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, 2001-2005 (with the highest honor, ranked No. 1 among 280 students)
- Yangfang Zhou, Alan Scheller-Wolf, Nicola Secomandi, and Stephen Smith. Electricity Trading and Negative Prices, Storage vs. Disposal Accepted at Management Science.
- Former titles used: “Is it more Valuable to Store or Destroy Electricity Surpluses?” and “Merchant Management of Electricity Surpluses: Storage vs. Disposal”
- Honorable Mention of the 2014 CSAMSE Annual Conference Best Paper Award
- Onur Boyabatali, Javad Nasiry, and Yangfang Zhou. 2016. Sustainable Crop Planning: Farmland Allocation with Crop Rotation Benefits. (Under major revision at Management Science)
- Yangfang Zhou, Alan Scheller-Wolf, Nicola Secomandi, and Stephen Smith. 2014. Managing Wind-based Electricity Generation in the Presence of Storage and Transmission Capacity. Under revision.
- Yangfang Zhou. Is Electricity Storage Green? A Study on Commercial Buildings (Working in progress)
- Manjusha Kancharla, Prashanth Hariharan, Srdihar Seshadri, and Yangfang Zhou. 2016. Make In India--- the Problem of Revitalizing the Small Scale Sector.(Working in progress)
- Yangfang Zhou. From Central Limit Theorem to Long Tail Theory. (Working in progress)
- Yangfang Zhou, Jay Apt, Alan Scheller-Wolf, Nicola Secomandi, and Stephen Smith. 2012. Combining Operations Management and Engineering Models to Effectively Manage Electricity Storage.