Keep yourself updated with what our group does with the park.
We are six days away from the start of our 5th year. Thank you for all the continued support, and we hope to see you this coming Saturday.
Race details, waivers, etc can be found on the races page.
Cost has not changed. $25.00 for your first race. $10.00 for every race after. The $15.00 goes towards your Friends of Yellow Creek Membership the additional $10.00 covers our expenses and race payouts.
For those riders that are new. Please note that this is a non-sanctioned, self supported, grass roots race.
The Beginner course will be in the approximate 10-12 mile range and should take 1:15 - 2:00 hours to complete.
The Expert course will be 20 miles in distance, and should take 2:00 to 3:00 hours to complete.
This is a great race for riders new to racing, and this is also a great race for the seasoned rider.
Any questions, feel free to contact us email@example.com.
See you Saturday.
- RideYC Staff
2016 race dates and starting locations are as follows:
Saturday, March 26th, 2016 - South Shore Day Use Area
Saturday, April 16th, 2016 - South Shore Day Use Area
Saturday, May 28th, 2016 - South Shore Day Use Area
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 - YC monthly Championships
We will have an official 'welcome to the 2016 rideyc race series post' including waivers and questions by the 1st of March.
Indiana Schwinn is geared up for their 3rd annual 3 day tour of beautiful Indiana County.
Day 1 begins on Friday 9/4/15 at 5:15 for the traditional 25 mile 5 points loop. A classic course among weekly shop rides.
Day 2 & Day 3 begin on Fri/Sat at 10:00 for two separate 40 mile treks through the rolling hills of Indiana County.
Enjoy yourselves as you peddle past....cornfields.....farms.....country roads....farms.......by passers who think you're weird.....and more farms. To make this year more special than any prior year, Indiana Schwinn has worked hand in hand with local townships and municipalities to make sure the majority of the course has been freshly tar and chipped.
Be the first to complete any single stage and be rewarded with a FREE SIZE 6 ALLEN WRENCH!
Be the first overall winner and be welcomed with a FREE INDIANA SCHWINN T-SHIRT that's probably not in your size.
We can't wait to see you, and all jokes aside; Matt & Bob do put on a great tour with this FREE event.
Hope to see you there. More specific, and less facetious details can be found here.
We are a little late on this because quite frankly we weren't sure if we were going to be able to get started in March. But it looks as though we have found a long enough stretch of warm weather to start trail prep and kick the season off as scheduled.
Therefore we are excited to announce our 5th year in operation with a cowbell start in exactly two weeks.
Thanks for your continued support.
Racing schedule link.
The November Coaltown Race is here.
Sign in's begin at 9:30am
Races start at 10:30am
Cost is $15.00 per race day.
We are unique, we do an opening race. It's a short track race. This month riders will race ONE LAP with the top riders advancing to the final which is a....wait for it....ONE LAP final. It's fun, it's fast it's good to watch.
We follow that race up with your traditional 45 minute cross race.
Not only that, but I finally got around to posting Septemberfest results as well as last month's Coaltown results.
See you on Saturday.
We are happy to present this race once again. Here are the details:
Sign in's begin at 9:30am
Races start at 10:30am
Cost is $15.00 per race day or $20.00 if you're going to commit to both the October and November race.
Two types of races:
Short Track - Riders are grouped in a heat and will complete a 1.5 to 2 lap loop. We take the top 2-3 in each heat, and race them in a final. It's fun to watch. Some riders are very serious, and committed to doing only the traditional 45 min cx race. That's cool, you don't have to ride the short track event, but whatever.
Top 7 Reason to Race in the 2014 September YC Monthly Championships...#6 is guaranteed to make you cry!!!!
We are here. Septemberfest 2014, our Cadillac of races in the series. We plan all year for this.
Here is what you need to know.
1. Shot gun start is at 9:30am. We are incorporating some new trails at the beginning of the course, therefore, we will be doing a rolling start with a lap around the day use area....or something. I don't know, Course Marshall Ben Scherf told me this, and followed it up with "Don't worry we'll be fine."
2. Race Day Fee is $10.00. Regardless of whether or not you have a membership or have raced prior races.
3. Registration closes at 9:00. This is earlier than normal. We need the extra time to break the races into classes so get here earlier.
4. We will be offering class categories with payouts on each separate category, all categories (Beginner & Expert) will have a Cash Payout for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
5. Yes we are offering a Beginner course that is an out and back, and the Expert course remains a full loop.
7. It is Septemberfest at the park. So there are a bunch of things going on outside of the bike race, for more info visit http://www.friendsofyellowcreek.org/
8. When you're riding, and you think to yourself 'wow, there's not a leaf on these trails, how are they so pristine? Thank Martin Flinn. On the contrary, when you're riding and there is a freshly fallen tree blocking your path, feel free to complain about how Martin Flinn doesn't do anything around the park.
Great Race turnout.
No one got lost.
We will see you at the park at the end of September. Have a great summer riding, and if you're every hitting up YC, drop a line on the message board.
Good turn out. There were a couple of missed turns, we're sorry, we try, but it always seems inevitable.
Both classes were really fast, hopefully this will lead to an awesome Fall Championship.
In our inaugural year, we had less than 10 riders for our April monthly: http://www.rideyc.com/news/aprilresults
See you in May.
1-10 of 100