Reasons to agree
Images that agree
- Iran's history of defiance, secrecy, and deception surrounding its nuclear program undermine its claim that its nuclear pursuits are peaceful and legitimate. Additional factors such as the low need for nuclear energy in
Iran due to abundant fossil fuel energy as well as Iran's rejection of international deals that would provide external sources of uranium fuel undermine Iran's claim to a peaceful nuclear energy program.
- Iran has a virtually inexhaustible supply of clean natural gas for energy, but yet the French and Russians are building nuclear reactors for them. I wonder why?
- Iran has refused offers from us to supply nuclear fuel for their power. I wonder why?
- Senior Fellow for Middle East Studies Ray Takeyh writes in the 12/21/05 edition of the Financial times that, "After nearly three decades of acrimony and tension,
Iran’s reactionaries perceive that conflict with the US is inevitable and that the only manner of preserving the regime’s security and
Iran’s territorial integrity is through possession of the “strategic weapon”. Although, today, the US may seem entangled in an Iraqi quagmire that tempers its ambitions, for
Iran’s rulers, it is still an aggressive state whose power cannot be discounted and whose intentions must not be trusted."
- The AIPAC presents the following points (2/9/07):
- Using nuclear power for electricity is far more expensive than oil and gas for
Iran, which has 90 years of oil and 220 years of gas reserves at current production rates, according to a 2006 Department of Energy (DOE) report.
- It does not make economic sense to invest billions of dollars in uranium enrichment and heavy water facilities, as
Iran is doing, when nuclear reactor fuel can be purchased much more inexpensively on the international market.
- Iran’s claims that it is developing civilian nuclear power production capabilities to become energyindependent are undermined by the fact that the regime only has enough domestic uraniumreserves to support the county’s proposed nuclear program for 10-20 years. However, these resources are more than enough to supply material for an arsenal of atomic bombs.
(+): 4 R2AA
(+): 2 R2DA
# of reasons to disagree: -0
# of reasons to agree with reasons to agree: 0
# of reasons to agree with reasons to disagree: -0
The current price to buy stock in this belief is $0.95 per share
The Idea Stock Exchange score for this idea is: +3-1=2
I am trying to brainstorm reasons to agree and disagree. Please help me!
Join the debate! Just leave a comment, and I’ll add it to the correct location. Once I get some programmers to help me, this will be automatic.
Evaluate the above conclusion (also known as a belief or thesis).