1. Instead of having them read about World War, have each one interview some one who lived threw it. Have them Write histories about their grandparents in the war, have them trace the battles that they fought in, do the same thing with the Vietnam war.
2. Have each kid design a constitution for his own ideal country
1. Must examine what works the best, what has worked the best.
2. Give them info.
3. Have them make goals, and ends, consult Locke, federalist papers.
4. HAVE THEM KEEP A COPY OF THEIR IDEAL SOCIETY, AND STEPS TO TAKE TO REACH IT.
5. They make all the rule.
6. Give them a list of choices.
(3) Show how FDR wanted to change the government by adding supreme court justices.
3. Have a quote a day that people need to memorize, from history.
4. In class description describe what will be taught. Communism didn't work, it was wrong, we will teach why Democracy, freedom, free market, and our founding fathers were correct.
(Can we say what is right, as teachers?)
(If the kids parents know what you will teach, and still send there kids their)
1. In Government class give a hand out at age eight and grade 11, that explains
(1) Why we have laws.
(2) Importance of rules
consequences for breaking laws like drugs, stealing, ext