Outback Steakhouse Canoe Race
And Paddle Day
July 5 & 6, 2008
Boardman River, Traverse City, MI
Saturday - C-1 Race starts at 3:00 pm.
· Entry is $15 with a purse of $500
· Race starts and finishes just downstream of Hull Park. It will be a multi-lap race, with buoys at Union Street Dam and at Railroad Trestle near Hull Park
Sunday - C-2 Race starts at 9:30 AM.
· Entry fee is $30 with a purse of $1,500
· Race is the same as last year, starting at Brown Bridge Pond, Finishing at Hull Park
· Four Portages;
Brown Bridge Dam, Keystone Rapids, Boardman Dam, and Sabin Dam.
· Keystone Rapids will be a required portage. Scouting is highly recommended downstream of the portage.
· Winning time will be about 2 1/2 hours.
· Registration starting at 8:30 am at Brown Bridge Dam
· Awards immediately following the race in Hull Park
A special Outback C-1 Sprint race will be held immediately after the C-1 Marathon Race. All racers are encouraged to participate in this short feature race!
For Info Contact: Garth Greenan, 13500 S. Partridge Run Road, Traverse City, MI 49684 email@example.com