Department of Mathematics
University of Toronto
songyanl at math.utoronto.ca
Positions and Education
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Toronto, Aug. 2013 -
Supervisor : Eckhard Meinrenken and George Elliot
Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University, Aug. 2008- Aug.2013
Advisor : Nigel Higson
B.S Fudan University, Aug. 2004- Aug. 2008
I am interested in noncommutative geometry, symplectic geometry and representation theory.
Publication and Preprints
- Localization in q-Hamiltonian G-spaces, in preparation
- Equivariant indices of Spin^c-Dirac operators for proper moment maps, (with Peter Hochs), submitted [pdf]
- Dirac operators on quasi-Hamiltonian G-spaces,submitted [pdf]
Formal Verlinde module [pdf]
A K-homological approach to the quantization commutes with reduction problem, submitted [pdf]
K-theory and the quantization commutes with reduction problem, (with Nigel Higson),Chin. Ann. Math. Ser. (2014)
Ph.D. thesis: Proper moment maps, bordisms and geometric quatizations. [pdf]
I am currently teaching MAT136 Calculus I in Spring 2015.
The course I taught in the past at Toronto:
- Fall 2014, MAT 244 - Differential equations;
- Fall 2013-Spring 2014, MAT 237 - Advanced calculus.