To view a specific Announcement expand the "Announcements" heading to the left of the page and select it, or scan down this page.
Host a Club Event -
A good way to get involved in Club activities is to host a social event. Whether it’s a dinner following a race or the Crab Feast, hosting an event is a great way to contribute to the Club. Contact Andrea Fricke for more information.
Educational Seminars cover many areas dealing with Boating. Check the information below for subject detail. Contact Warren Hottle more detail and registration.
Sooner of later you have to get your Virginia Boaters Card: There are qualifying courses (and tests) hosted by a number of southern Bay sailing and boating clubs and associations, e.g. Hampton Yacht Club held a course on this past Saturday, Portsmouth Boat Club has several scheduled, and Fishing Bay YC has one set for March 10. There are courses scheduled all over the State at high schools, YMCAs, DMV offices, even Bass Pro stores, and others places. For specific info and course availability go to www.dgif.virginia.gov/boating/education/boating-safety-education-requirement.asp
The State requirement for boating safety education is phased-in over several years and applies to all Personal Watercraft (PWC) operators and operators of boats with motors of 10hp and greater
according to the following schedule:
- PWC operators between the ages of 16 and 20 years of age or younger shall meet the requirements by July 1, 2009, operators ages 14 or 15 may operate a PWC if they have successfully completed an approved boating education safety course;
- PWC operators 35 years of age or younger shall meet the requirements by July 1, 2010;
- PWC operators 50 years of age or younger and motorboat operators 20 years of age or younger shall meet the requirements by July 1, 2011;
- All PWC operators, regardless of age, and motorboat operators 30 years of age or younger shall meet the requirements by July 1, 2012;
- Motorboat operators 40 years of age or younger shall meet the requirements by July 1, 2013;
- Motorboat operators 45 years of age or younger shall meet the requirements by July 1, 2014;
- Motorboat operators 50 years of age or younger shall meet the requirements by July 1, 2015;
- All motorboat operators, regardless of age, shall meet the requirements by July 1, 2016
YPRCC Seminars will be held in our Clubhouse at 734 Oak Hill Rd, Lancaster.
See the 2014 Activity Calendar for current Seminar schedule.
Blessing of the Fleet
Changed: Gathering and ceremony to celebrate
beginning of the sailing season and raise the ensign. Dress your boat and bring
her to the club dock.
|When||Sun Apr 13, 2014 1pm – 3pm Eastern Time|
|Calendar||Yankee Point Racing and Cruising Club|
YPRCC.org Yankee Point - organizer