To view a specific Announcement expand the "Announcements" heading to the left of the page and select it, or scan down this page.
Host a Club Event -
A good way to get involved in Club activities is to host a social event. Whether it’s a dinner following a race or the Crab Feast, hosting an event is a great way to contribute to the Club. Contact Carroll Schwab for more information. "email@example.com"
Educational Seminars cover many areas dealing with Boating. Check the information below for subject detail. Contact Anker Madsen more detail and registration. "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Local history buff, Page Henley, entertained over 40 members and guests of Yankee Point Racing and Cruising Club last Wednesday evening in the latest in the series of the club’s Fireside Chats. Henley spoke for nearly an hour on 17th Century Virginia emphasizing Lancaster County.
Upper Lancaster County played an important role from the early beginnings of the county. The first courthouse is believed to have been located on Ball land. The next one was built in Queenstown and the third, in 1741, was built where the current courthouse is now, said Henley. The Morratico Trail was a major land route, connecting Towles Point, through Monakson to Huntsville and up to the Potomoc. It followed the footpaths set out by the Native Americans.
Steamboats were a major source of transportation from prior to the Civil War through the 1930’s when several severe storms knocked out wharfs and docks. Ferries crossed the rivers and connected landmasses all over the county.
Henley regaled his audience with tales of life in the first colony and human-interest stories. “He was delightful!”, exclaimed one member.
9. SEPTEMBER 26th, Saturday. Event: Hosting Rappahannock Cup. Club provided & catered. Tuscany theme. Rustic Garlic Chicken, smashed potatoes, whole steamed green beans, something pasta, crusty bread, rustic pies. There will be a charge for this event.
10. OCTOBER 24th, Saturday. Event: Social TBD
11. NOVEMBER Event: Annual Meeting. Food TBD but possibly club to provide ham, all else potluck and BYOB.
12. DECEMBER 12th, Saturday. Event: Holiday Party.
13. DECEMBER 31st, Wednesday, 7pm until. Event: New Year’s Eve.
YPRCC Seminars will be held in our Clubhouse at 734 Oak Hill Rd, Lancaster.
For additional information contact Anker Madsen at YPRCCFleet@gmail.com, 804 462-0582
A 2015 Seminar Schedule has been established.
Refer to the "ACTIVITY CALENDAR" for more details.