eXascale Infolab, University of Fribourg,
Bd de Pérolles 90, 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Email: dingqi [AT] exascale.info
2018.08 Our paper on heterogeneous graph embeddings has been accepted by CIKM 2018!
2018.05 Our PrivRank paper has been published in TKDE!
2017.11 Our work on crime prediction has been accepted by WWWJ [Demo]!
2017.09 Our work on privacy protection in mobile crowdsensing has been accepted by AAAI 2018!
2017.08 Our work on data sketching has been accepted as a full paper by ICDM 2017!
2016.12 One paper on privacy-preserving task allocation for mobile crowdsensing has been accepted by WWW 2017!
2016.09 Our paper on bike sharing system demand prediction has received the UbiComp 2016 Honorable Mention Award!
I'm currently a senior researcher in XI — the eXascale Infolab led by Prof. Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, in University of Fribourg. I received my Ph.D. degree (with highest honors) in Computer Science from Institut Mines-Télécom/Télécom SudParis and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, in Jan. 2015. During my Ph.D. study, I was a member of ALPS group led by Prof. Daqing Zhang. Prior to that, I completed my M.E. degree (Diplôme d'Ingénieur) in Telecommunication at Télécom SudParis in 2011, and got my B.E. degree in Measuring & Control Technology and Instrumentations from Xidian University in 2009.
I'm broadly interested in designing novel data mining and machine learning techniques to efficiently discover knowledge and get insights from Big Data, and also in building practical systems to tackle real-world problems. My research interests lie primarily on Ubiquitous Big Data Analytics, Social Network Analysis, Predictive Modelling, Data Sketching, and Data Privacy.
Selected Recent Publications [Google Scholar]
- Rana Hussein*, Dingqi Yang, Philippe Cudre-Mauroux, Are Meta-Paths Necessary? Revisiting Heterogeneous Graph Embeddings, In Proc. of the ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM). Oct. 2018, Torino, Italy. [PDF]
- Dingqi Yang, Bin Li, Rettig Laura, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, D2HistoSketch: Discriminative and Dynamic Similarity-Preserving Sketching of Streaming Histograms, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) 2018 [PDF] [CODE]
- Dingqi Yang, Bingqing Qu, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, Privacy-Preserving Social Media Data Publishing for Personalized Ranking-Based Recommendation, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) 2018 [PDF]
- Dingqi Yang, Terence Heaney, Alberto Tonon, Leye Wang, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, CrimeTelescope: Crime Hotspot Prediction based on Urban and Social Media Data Fusion, World Wide Web Journal (WWWJ), forthcoming [PDF] [Demo]
- Leye Wang, Gehua Qin, Dingqi Yang, Xiao Han, Xiaojuan Ma, Geographic Differential Privacy for Mobile Crowd Coverage Maximization, In Proc. of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI'18), Feb. 2018, New Orleans, USA. [PDF]
- Dingqi Yang, Bin Li, Laura Rettig, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, HistoSketch: Fast Similarity-Preserving Sketching of Streaming Histograms with Concept Drift, In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM'17), Nov. 2017, New Orleans, USA. [PDF] [CODE]
- Leye Wang, Dingqi Yang, Xiao Han, Tianben Wang, Daqing Zhang, Xiaojuan Ma, Location Privacy-Preserving Task Allocation for Mobile Crowdsensing with Differential Geo-Obfuscation, In Proc. of the 26th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW'17), April 2017, Perth, Australia. [PDF]
- Dingqi Yang, Daqing Zhang, Bingqing Qu, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. PrivCheck: Privacy-Preserving Check-in Data Publishing for Personalized Location Based Services. In Proc. of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp'16), September, 2016, Heidelberg, Germany. [PDF] [Dataset]
- Dingqi Yang, Bin Li, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. POIsketch: Semantic Place Labeling over User Activity Streams. In Proc. of the 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI '16), July, 2016, NYC, USA [PDF] [Dataset]
- Dingqi Yang, Daqing Zhang, Bingqing Qu. Participatory Cultural Mapping Based on Collective Behavior Data in Location Based Social Networks. ACM Trans. on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST), 7(3): 30, 2016. [PDF] [Dataset]
- Dingqi Yang, Daqing Zhang, Vincent W. Zheng, Zhiyong Yu. Modeling User Activity Preference by Leveraging User Spatial Temporal Characteristics in LBSNs. IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems (TSMC), 45(1): 129-142, 2015. [PDF] [Dataset]
- Dingqi Yang, Daqing Zhang, Zhiyong Yu and Zhiwen Yu, Fine-Grained Preference-Aware Location Search Leveraging Crowdsourced Digital Footprints from LBSNs. In Proc. of the 2013 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp'13), September 2013, Zurich, Switzerland. [PDF] [Dataset]