eXascale Infolab, University of Fribourg,
Bd de Pérolles 90, 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Email: dingqi [THAT SYMBOL] exascale.info
2019.04 One paper on privacy-preserving task allocation for mobile crowdsensing has been accepted by TDSC!
2019.01 Two papers (one on user mobility and social relationships, and the other on crowdsourcing) have been accepted by WWW 2019!
2018.08 Our paper on heterogeneous graph embeddings has been accepted by CIKM 2018 [CODE]!
2018.05 Our PrivRank paper has been published in TKDE!
2017.11 Our work on crime prediction has been accepted by WWWJ [Demo]!
2017.09 Our work on privacy protection in mobile crowdsensing has been accepted by AAAI 2018!
I'm currently a senior researcher in XI — the eXascale Infolab led by Prof. Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, at University of Fribourg, Switzerland. I received my Ph.D. (with highest honors) in Computer Science from Institut Mines-Télécom/Télécom SudParis and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6 in Jan. 2015, under the supervision of Prof. Daqing Zhang. In June 2015, My Ph.D. thesis won the CNRS Samovar Doctorate Award ("Prix Doctorant CNRS Samovar/Télécom SudParis") and Institut Mines-Télécom Press Mention. I'm also a recipient of the "2014 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed (non-government sponsored) Students Abroad".
I'm broadly interested in designing novel data mining and machine learning techniques to efficiently discover knowledge and get insights from Big Data, and also in building practical systems to tackle real-world problems. My research interests lie primarily on Ubiquitous Big Data Analytics, Social Network Analysis, Predictive Modelling, Data Sketching, and Data Privacy.
Selected Recent Publications [Google Scholar]
- Dingqi Yang, Paolo Rosso*, Bin Li and Philippe Cudre-Mauroux, NodeSketch: Highly-Efficient Graph Embeddings via Recursive Sketching, In Proc. of ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD'19), Anchorage, Alaska, USA. [PDF] [CODE] [VIDEO]
- Dingqi Yang, Bingqing Qu, Jie Yang, Philippe Cudre-Mauroux, Revisiting User Mobility and Social Relationships in LBSNs: A Hypergraph Embedding Approach, In Proc. of The Web Conference (WWW'19). May. 2019, San Francisco, USA. [PDF] [CODE] [Dataset]
- Jie Yang, Alisa Smirnova, Dingqi Yang, Gianluca Demartini, Yuan Lu, Philippe Cudre-Mauroux, Scalpel-CD: Leveraging Crowdsourcing and Deep Probabilistic Modeling for Debugging Noisy Training Data, In Proc. of The Web Conference (WWW'19). May. 2019, San Francisco, USA. [PDF]
- Leye Wang, Dingqi Yang, Xiao Han, Daqing Zhang, Xiaojuan Ma, Mobile Crowdsourcing Task Allocation with Differential-and-Distortion Geo-Obfuscation, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), 2019. [PDF]
- Dingqi Yang, Bingqing Qu, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, Privacy-Preserving Social Media Data Publishing for Personalized Ranking-Based Recommendation, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) 31(3), 507-520, 2019 [PDF]
- Rana Hussein*, Dingqi Yang, Philippe Cudre-Mauroux, Are Meta-Paths Necessary? Revisiting Heterogeneous Graph Embeddings, In Proc. of the ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'18). Oct. 2018, Torino, Italy. [PDF] [CODE]
- Dingqi Yang, Bin Li, Rettig Laura, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, D2HistoSketch: Discriminative and Dynamic Similarity-Preserving Sketching of Streaming Histograms, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) 2018 [PDF] [CODE]
- Leye Wang, Gehua Qin, Dingqi Yang, Xiao Han, Xiaojuan Ma, Geographic Differential Privacy for Mobile Crowd Coverage Maximization, In Proc. of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI'18), Feb. 2018, New Orleans, USA. [PDF]
- Dingqi Yang, Bin Li, Laura Rettig, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, HistoSketch: Fast Similarity-Preserving Sketching of Streaming Histograms with Concept Drift, In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM'17), Nov. 2017, New Orleans, USA. [PDF] [CODE]
- Dingqi Yang, Daqing Zhang, Bingqing Qu, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. PrivCheck: Privacy-Preserving Check-in Data Publishing for Personalized Location Based Services. In Proc. of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp'16), September, 2016, Heidelberg, Germany. [PDF] [Dataset]
- Dingqi Yang, Bin Li, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. POIsketch: Semantic Place Labeling over User Activity Streams. In Proc. of the 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI '16), July, 2016, NYC, USA [PDF] [Dataset]
- Dingqi Yang, Daqing Zhang, Bingqing Qu. Participatory Cultural Mapping Based on Collective Behavior Data in Location Based Social Networks. ACM Trans. on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST), 7(3): 30, 2016. [PDF] [Dataset]