Zheng XU 许正
xuzhustc AT gmail [Curriculum Vitae][Google Scholar]
Welcome to Zheng's site! I am a graduate student of the department of Computer Science at the University of Maryland, College Park. I am currently working on optimization, machine learning and their applications, under the supervision of Dr. Tom Goldstein.
Previously, I was a Project Officer at Visual Computing Research Group, School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. I worked on domain adaptation for computer vision, and also a collaborative
project with Rolls-Royce. Before joining NTU, I received my M.Eng. and B.Eng. in the Department of Electronic Engineering and Information Science, the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), advised by Dr. Chang Wen Chen, Dr. Bin Liu and Dr. Houqiang Li. During my study as a master student, I was fortunate to take a long-term internship at Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA). I worked closely with Dr. Xin-Jing Wang on mining information from large-scale multimedia data.
- May 30 - Aug 25, intern with Honda research, under the supervision of Dr. Jiawei Huang.
- Feb 13 - May 5, intern with Amazon AWS deep learning team, under the supervision of Dr. Anima Anandkumar.
- Apr 20-22, travel to AISTATS, present Adaptive ADMM. Come to my poster on Apr 21 and presentation on Apr 22.
- Mar 5, "Domain Generalization and Adaptation using Low Rank Exemplar SVMs" has been accepted to TPAMI, congrats Dr. Wen Li, and all coauthors.
- Mar 3, "Adaptive Relaxed ADMM: Convergence Theory and Practical Implementation" has been accepted to CVPR 2017, many thanks to coauthors, Dr. Mario Figueiredo, Dr. Xiaoming Yuan, and Dr. Tom Goldstein.
- Jan 24, "Adaptive ADMM with Spectral Penalty Parameter " has been accepted to AISTATS 2017 as oral presentation, many thanks to coauthors, Dr. Mario Figueiredo and Dr. Tom Goldstein.
- Dec 4-10, travel to NIPS, present at two workshops about ADMM for nonconvex applications and tensor decomposition.