- Job application materials: CV, Research Statement, Teaching Statement, All.
- New!! I will be a visiting student in University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign starting from 2013 Fall.
- New!! Our paper Characteristic Studies of Loop Problems for Structural Test Generation via Symbolic Execution is accepted at ASE2013.
- A US Patent based on the work of my ASE 2012 paper is granted.
- In 2013 summer, I was interning at Microsoft Research Redmond.
- Our Paper Context-Sensitive Delta Inference for Identifying Workload-Dependent Performance Bottlenecks is accepted at ISSTA 2013.
- Our Paper WHYPER: Towards Automating Risk Assessment of Mobile Applications is accepted at USENIX Security 2013.
- Our Paper Automated Extraction of Security Policies from Natural-Language Software Documents is accepted at FSE 2012.
- Our Paper User-Aware Privacy Control via Static Information Flow Analysis is accepted at ASE 2012.
- My submission to ACM SRC Grand Final 2012 is selected as the "Winner of the ICSE SRC Best Project Representing an Innovative Use of Microsoft Technology", and I am invited to attend the ACM SRC Award Banquet in San Francisco, CA on June 16, 2012.
- In 2012 summer, I was a research intern at the Systems Analysis & Verification group of NEC Laboratories America, working with Gogul Balakrishnan and Franjo Ivancic.
- Our book chapter Advances on Improving Automation in Developer Testing is published.
- Our paper Inferring Method Specifications from Natural Language API Descriptions is accepted at ICSE 2012.
- I spent my 2011 fall semester at Microsoft Research Asia, working on performance analysis in Software Analytics Group. My mentor is Shi Han.
- In 2011 summer, I was a research intern at Microsoft Research Redmond. My mentor is Nikolai Tillmann and I worked in the TouchDevelop team with Manuel Fahndrich, Jonathan de Halleux, and Michał Moskal. We developed a static analysis engine to compute information flows for published scripts in TouchDevelop.
- My poster of Covana[Video] won the award of "Best project representing an innovative use of Microsoft technology" in the ACM SRC, ICSE 2011, Honolulu, HI!
- My paper Precise Identification of Problems for Structural Test Generation is accepted at ICSE 2011.
- In 2010 summer, I was a research intern at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center. My mentors are Amit M. Paradkar. I developed a system that adapts Natural Language Processing techniques to extract security policies and conditional constraints from natural language software documents.
- Xusheng Xiao, Nikolai Tillmann, Manuel Fahndrich, Peli de Halleux, and Michal Moskal. Transparent Privacy Control via Static Information Flow Analysis. Microsoft Research Technical Report, MSR-TR-2011-93, 2 August, 2011.
- Xusheng Xiao, Amit Paradkar; Tao Xie. Automated Extraction and Validation of Security Policies from Natural-Language Documents. IBM Research Technical Report, RC25128, 2011.