For a detail tutorial of how to use SDL in Dev-C++ , please visit :
[Simple DirectMedia Layer]
1. Download SDL from official website , or from this page ( see attachments below)
2. Extract them to a local directory
3. Open DEV-C++ -> Tools - > Compiler options -> Compiler
- Check "Add these commands to the linker command line"
- Add "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_ttf"
(That is a dash and a letter L in lowercase , then come with the file name of dll.)
- Configure Binaries , Libraries , C and C++ includes file of SDL to DEV-C++
4. Installation Done !
The most tricky part is step 3. Make sure add the command to linker when
you are new add a dll. Else , you'll got a linker error.
[Useful Link about SDL Tutorial]
This contains core SDL library and head file. Allow user to create a window ,
load & blit a bmp image file in the window , handle mouse , keyboard , and
This library may allow user load various image file such as JPG , GIF , PNG , etc.
Support sound format such as wav , mp3 , ogg , etc.
This can load ttf font for your program.