Marshall Business School
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Office: HOH 504
Mailing address: BRI 401
Email: xint AT marshall.usc.edu
- 2012 Ph.D. in Operations Research Princeton University
- 2007 B.S. in Mathematics The University of Toronto
- Fan, J., Tong, X., and Zeng, Y. (2014), Multi-agent inference in social networks: a finite population approach, Journal of American Statistical Association, accepted.
- Tong, X. (2013), A plug-in approach to Neyman-Pearson Classification, Journal of Machine Learning Research, 14, 3011-3040.
- Fan, J., Feng, Y., and Tong, X. (2012), A road to classification in high dimensional space: the regularized optimal affine discriminant, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, 74, 745-771.
- Rigollet, P. and Tong, X. (2011) Neyman-Pearson classification under a strict constraint, the Conference of Learning Theory.
- Rigollet, P. and Tong, X. (2011) Neyman-Pearson classification, convexity and stochastic constraints, Journal of Machine Learning Research, 12, 2825-2849.
- 2013 The Zeller Thesis Award in Business and Economic Statistics
- 2011 IMS Laha Travel Award