Xi Chen (Ph.D. Candidate)
Cyber-Physical Systems Laboratory
School of Computer Science, McGill University
Montreal, H3A 0E9, Canada.
Email: xi dot chen11 at mail dot mcgill dot caGoogle Scholar Profile is here.
Xi Chen is currently a Ph.D. candidate and a research assistant at Prof. Xue Liu's Cyber-Physical Systems Laboratory (CPS Lab), School of Computer Science, McGill University. He received both of his M.Eng. and B.S. degrees from Department of Electronic Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
His research interests include Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) communications and vehicular networks, human activity recognition via wireless signals, optimization of electric vehicles, energy and cost management of cloud computing, green and energy-aware computing.
Testbeds and demos
Book & Journal
- Xue Liu, Xi Chen and Fanxin Kong, "Utilization Control and Optimization of Real-Time Embedded Systems", Foundations and Trends® in Electronic Design Automation: Vol. 9: No. 3, pp 211-307.
- Xi Chen, Lei Rao, Yuan Yao, Xue Liu and Fan Bai, "The Answer is Rolling on Wheels: Modeling and Performance Evaluation of In-cabin Wi-Fi Communications," in Elsevier Journal of Vehicular Communications, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 13-26, Jan. 2015.
- Zhenzhi Qian, Xiaohua Tian, Xi Chen, Wentao Huang, and Xinbing Wang, "Multicast Capacity in MANET with Infrastructure Support," in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol.25, no.7, pp.1808 - 1818, July 2014.
- Qiao Xiang, Xi Chen, Linghe Kong, Lei Rao and Xue Liu, “Data Preference Matters: A New Perspective of Safety Data Dissemination in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks”, in Proc. of the 34th Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2015) (accepted for publication, to appear), Hong Kong, China, 2015.
- Linghe Kong, Xi Chen, Xue Liu and Lei Rao, “FINE: Frequency-divided Instantaneous Neighbors Estimation System in Vehicular Networks,” in Proc. of the 13rd IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2015) (accepted for publication, to appear), St. Louis, Missouri, USA, 2015.
- Kai Xiong, Xi Chen, Lei Rao, Xue Liu and Yuan Yao, “Solving the Performance Puzzle of DSRC Multi-Channel Operations,” in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications 2015 (ICC 2015) (accepted for publication, to appear), London, UK, 2015.
- Xi Chen, Lei Rao, Xue Liu, Hongxing Li and Xinbing Wang, “Right Time in Right Place: Taming Workload Balancing Oscillations in Internet Data Center Cost Management,” in Proc. of the 5th IEEE International Green Computing Conference (IGCC 2014), Dallas, TX, 2014.
- Zhonghao Sun, Fanxin Kong, Xue Liu, Xingshe Zhou and Xi Chen, "Intelligent Joint Spatio-temporal Management of Electric Vehicle Charging and Data Center Power Consumption", in Proc. of the 5th IEEE International Green Computing Conference (IGCC 2014), Dallas, TX, 2014.
- Xi Chen, Wentao Huang, Xinbing Wang, and Xiaojun Lin, “Multicast Capacity in Mobile Wireless Ad Hoc Network with Infrastructure Support,” in Proc. of the 31st Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2012), Orlando, FL, 2012, pp. 271-279.
- DSRC: Performance enhancement of vehicular communications (Dedicated Short Range Communication and mobile Wi-Fi) (2012 - present, McGill and General Motors);
- Smartiphy: Device-free human activity recognition via wireless signals (2015 - present, Tandemlaunch, Smartiphy.com and McGill);
- Electric Vehicles: Optimization of energy-efficient EVs (2014 - present, CPS lab, McGill);
- Cloud Energy: Energy/cost management for cloud computing systems in smart grid (2012 - present, CPS lab, McGill);
- Skysensor: Real-time virtual link scheduling in AFDX network (2012 - 2013, McGill and Sponsors);
- Limited feedback design of LTE/LTE-A system (2009-2012, SJTU and Sharp Co.);
- Capacity scaling in mobile Ad Hoc network (2011-2012, SJTU).
|Probabilistic Analysis of Algorithm||4.0/4.0|
|Advanced Topics Systems||4.0/4.0|
Prof. Luc Devroye's library (open to all McGill students)