An article about how Alex Morgan trains and the specific physical activities the US team perform to reduce likelihood of injury. The FIFA 11+ program was specifically designed for women to help prevent ACL injuries through warm up routines but is equally applicable to boys. The results from the program are pretty impressive – 88% reduction in ACL injuries in girls ages 14-18.
Coaches Checklist For Games
Monday/Tuesday before the upcoming weekend's game -
- Contact opposing coach.
- Confirm game time.
- Get directions to the field, if its away or give directions if home.
- Confirm uniform colors. If colors are the same the Home team changes.
Wed/Thur/Fri before the upcoming weekend's game -
- Give out directions to the field and game time information to your team.
- Have your team Arrive 30 —45 minutes before game time.
- Remind them to bring both uniform colors, and let them know which they will be wearing. Rather be safe then sorry.
- Bring ice and a First Aid kit.
- Home coach check the field for corner flags, nets are fastened and goals are anchored.
- Have 3 copies of your roster form completed with players names and uniform #‘ s.
- Have coaches passes available to present to the Referee. (Only 3 coaches on the sideline)
- Have player passes available for travel teams.
- Each coach pays 1/2 Referee fee in Cash$ before the game.
- Each team is to provide 1 linesperson to assist the Referee in calling out of bounds.
- Home team provides game ball.
- Make sure your Keeper shirt is a different color from both teams colors, use a pinny if necessary.
During the Game
- Demonstrate proper conduct and sportsmanship towards opposition, the referee and your players. Remember these are just kids playing a game.
- You are responsible for your players conduct and the conduct of your fans.
- Keep your comments and instructions to your players positive
- Be prepared for injuries
After the Game
- Have your team and your coaches congratulate the opposing team and thank the Referee
- Keep your post game talk short and positive. This is not the time to discuss mistakes observed during the game.
- Report the score to RBJSL
- If any comments are warranted, good or bad, about the refereeing complete a referee evaluation form and send it to RBJSL, please contact the WASC president or director of coaching before submitting the evaluation form.
- Do not confront the Referee about a call you disagreed with.
- If no referee showed up for the game report this to the club.