- 6 eggs
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 5-6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 6-8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed according to package directions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush a sheet of phyllo pastry with butter and fit into the bottom
of a greased 9" pie dish or springform pan with the ends hanging over
the side. Repeat with the remaining sheets placing them on top. Set
- In a medium bowl beat together the eggs and cottage cheese.
- Stir in the bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake at 300 degrees for 30 more minutes or until the egg is set.
- This is delicious served warm out of the oven or cold the next day. It reheats well in the microwave too!
* You can substitute the bacon and cheddar for any
combination of veggies, ham and cheese or even cooked apples would be
**Pie crust can be substituted for the phyllo dough