Who can join:
West Wilts Area Branch is open to all children aged between 8 - 16 yrs old interested in archaeology/history in all its forms.
If you are aged 7 yrs old, please contact us for information about younger members.
Where do we meet?
We will also have trips out on occasions to archaeologically related sites.
When do we meet?
Once a month - on a Saturday morning.
Trips out may be on Saturdays or Sundays at various times.
Full details of each meeting or trip will be given out to members nearer the time. But for an idea of the types of meetings we hold, have a look at the Gallery link.
Places for each meeting or trip will have to be booked in advance. This is so that the Leaders know how many children to expect, to ensure the correct adult to child ratio is maintained and to arrange for any materials needed.
What can I expect?
A WWAYAC membership card.
A varied and enjoyable approach to all aspects of archaeology.
Friendly and approachable team leaders.
Activities suitable to appropriate age ranges within the group.
Opportunities to get involved with real archaeology from handling artefacts to excavation.
Experienced archaeologists / historical re-enactors coming along to give child friendly talks and workshops about archaeology.
Archaeologically / Historically themed Art and craft making opportunities.
Experiencing aspects of how life might have been like in the past.
Trips out to visit archaeological sites.
Learning about different periods of time in history and prehistory.
Information for parents
- Leader and Assistant Leaders are Fully CRB checked.
- First Aiders
- First Aid kit
- All activities will be risk assessed.
- A safe and enclosed education room with access to toilets.
- You will be informed in advance of all meeting details
- Parent Adult helpers are welcome to attend to see what the children do in the meetings but adult helpers will need to fill in a registration form.
- For more information WelcomeLetter.pdf (PDF file).
- Club Rules - Click Here (PDF file).
WWAYAC is run entirely by volunteers.
- If you would like to get involved as an Assistant Leader or parent helper please get in touch.
- Do you have a few spare hours once a month?
You do not need a specific knowledge of archaeology, just the ability to have fun, get involved and help run the branch.
Contact us at : email@example.com