I'm Wei Wu.
Ph.D. Candidate at University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
I am a final year PhD candidate at University of Chinese Academy of Sciences(UCAS), my advisor is Prof. Wei Zou, my co-advisor is Xiaorui Gong. I am currently a Research Scientist at Pennsylvania State University, under supervision of Dr. Xinyu Xing. I received Bachelor degree from Department of Information Security, University of Science and Technology of China(USTC) in 2014. My current research interest is exploitation automation as well as knowledge driven approaches for vulnerability analysis.
I started participating various CTF competitions since 2015 and here is my blog about CTF games and research experience. I play with CTF team Never Stop Exploiting(NeSE), a top Chinese CTF team. I play DEFCON 2018 final with Tea Delivers.
National Cyber Security Award 2016.
National Scholarship for graduate student 2015.
CVEs I found:
Integer underflow in libbpg, CVE-2017-8906
Heap overflow in libbpg, CVE-2017-8909
- FUZE: Towards facilitating Exploit Generation for Kernel Use-After-Free Vulnerabilities [paper|slides|repo]
Wei Wu, Yueqi Chen, Jun Xu, Xinyu Xing, Xiaorui Gong and Wei Zou.
In Proceedings of the 27th USENIX Security Symposium 2018 (acceptance rate: 19%).
- From Thousands of Hours to a Couple of Minutes: Automating Exploit Generation for Arbitrary Types of Kernel Vulnerabilities [link|slides]
Wei Wu, Xinyu Xing and Jimmy Su.
In Black Hat USA Briefings 2018 (acceptance rate: 20%).
- Survey on Attacking and Defending Technologies of Dynamic Code Generation
Wei Wu, Wei Huo and Wei Zou.
Journal of Cyber Security, 2016.
- Motion blur compensation in HEVC using fixed-length adaptive filter.
Yiqun Liu, Wei Wu, and Jörn Ostermann.
In proceedings of Picture Coding Symposium, PCS 2015.
- Rating Correlated Topic Model: An Improved Latent Semantic Model for Collaborative Filtering.
Xiang Qi, Wei Wu, Yu Huang, et al.
Journal of Computational Information Systems, 2014.
Part of the CTFs I played:
6th place, DEF CON CTF final 2018 (with Tea Delivers)
9th place, Tencent CTF final 2018
7th place, RCTF 2018
6th place, QWB 2018
3rd place, RCTF 2017
4th place, Codebreaker 2017
4th place, NJCTF 2017
6th place, 0CTF 2017
6th place, CISCN CTF final 2016
1. CCS 2018 external reviewer
2. ASIACCS 2018 external reviewer
3. ICICS 2018 external reviewer
4.XNUCA-2016 Reverse, Pwn, AI and Final co-organizer and challenge designer
5.XNUCA-2017 final co-organizer and challenge designer