I'm Wei Wu.
Ph.D. Candidate at University of Chinese Academy of Sciences(中国科学院大学)
I am a fifth-year Ph.D candidate at University of Chinese Academy of Sciences(UCAS), my advisor is Prof. Wei Zou, my co-advisor is Xiaorui Gong. I was a Research Scientist at Pennsylvania State University, under supervision of Dr. Xinyu Xing. I received Bachelor degree from Department of Information Security, University of Science and Technology of China(USTC) in 2014.
My research direction is system security. My research interests include exploitability evaluation for OS kernels and knowledge driven approaches for vulnerability analysis.
I started participating various CTF competitions since 2015 and here is my blog about CTF games and research experience. I am co-founder of CTF team Never Stop Exploiting (NeSE). I help organize and craft challenges for X-NUCA(全国高校网安联赛) since 2016.
National Cyber Security Award 2016.
National Scholarship for graduate student 2015.
- FUZE: Towards facilitating Exploit Generation for Kernel Use-After-Free Vulnerabilities [paper|slides|repo]
Wei Wu, Yueqi Chen, Jun Xu, Xinyu Xing, Xiaorui Gong and Wei Zou.
In Proceedings of the 27th USENIX Security Symposium 2018 .
Wei Wu, Wei Huo and Wei Zou.
信息安全学报, 2016, vol4.
- Motion blur compensation in HEVC using fixed-length adaptive filter.
Yiqun Liu, Wei Wu, and Jörn Ostermann.
In proceedings of Picture Coding Symposium, PCS 2015.
- Rating Correlated Topic Model: An Improved Latent Semantic Model for Collaborative Filtering.
Xiang Qi, Wei Wu, Yu Huang, et al.
Journal of Computational Information Systems, 2014.
- From Thousands of Hours to a Couple of Minutes: Automating Exploit Generation for Arbitrary Types of Kernel Vulnerabilities [link|slides]
Wei Wu, Xinyu Xing and Jimmy Su.
Black Hat USA 2018.
Part of the CTFs I played:
6th place, DEF CON CTF final 2018 (with Tea Delivers)
9th place, Tencent CTF final 2018
7th place, RCTF 2018
6th place, QWB 2018
3rd place, RCTF 2017
4th place, Codebreaker 2017
4th place, NJCTF 2017
6th place, 0CTF 2017
6th place, CISCN CTF final 2016
1. CCS 2018 external reviewer
2. ASIACCS 2018 external reviewer
3. ICICS 2018 external reviewer
4.XNUCA-2016 Reverse, Pwn, AI and Final co-organizer and challenge designer
5.XNUCA-2017 final co-organizer and challenge designer