Assignor Training and Registration
As of 2014 per US Soccer policy, all referee assignments for all WVSA and US Soccer affiliated matches at all levels of competition MUST be made by a US Soccer certified referee assignor. If you serve as the referee assignor or referee coordinator for a league or competition affiliated with the WV Soccer Association, complete these steps annually to become or remain a certified assignor:
- Identify yourself as the assignor for a WVSA affiliated league or competition by completing the Assignor Registration Form.
- Complete the Online US Soccer Grade 8 Assignor Course as presented by the WV Soccer Association Referee Program (30 minute, 21MB MP4 file).
- Submit your responses to the US Soccer Grade 8 Referee Assignor Exam [PDF] via the US Soccer Referee Exam Response Sheet (select "Grade 8 Assignor" as the Referee Grade).
- Review and consider the Practical Application Scenarios and Assignment Exercises [PDF] and participate in one telephone conference call / forum to discuss them with other attendees at any of the dates and times shown below. Dial-in number and instructions will be distributed to those who have completed step #3, above.
Complete the WVSA Risk Management Application >>
- Thursday, April 21, 2016, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
- Monday, April 25, 2016, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 8:30pm - 9:30pm
- On Part 2 of the application, designate your Type of Affiliation as "WVSA Member Club"
- Select the club for which you assign referees. If you do not currently assign referees for a club, select "XX - WEST VIRGINIA SOCCER ASSOCIATION."
- On the next page, check the box next to "Referee Coordinator."