Congratulations, and THANK YOU for your interest in becoming a soccer referee.
- If you wish to receive email notifications about upcoming New Referee Clinics, provide your contact information.
You MUST be 13 years old to provide this information (although you do not need to be 13 years old to become a referee). If you are younger than 13 years old, please have your parent or guardian complete the online form to provide their contact information on your behalf.
- OR, join the WVSA Referee Program Facebook Group.
- Consult the WVSA Referee Program Calendar to find a NEW referee clinic near you. Contact the person listed to register for the clinic. There are two types of NEW referee clinics:
For further details on referee grades, see Certification and Recertification Requirements for West Virginia or the Referee Grade Overview video from the U.S. Soccer Federation.
- GRADE 9 Recreational Referee clinic trains you to referee recreational and small-sided youth matches
- GRADE 8 Referee clinic trains you to referee all youth matches -- both recreational and competitive, up to age U19
- Follow the instructions in the Step by Step explanation of registering directly on US Soccer System below (PDF) to create an account with the US Soccer Federation and pay the registration fee.