SADD Texting While Driving Video
Shelton High School
Click Picture Below To Play
Shelton students made it into the "Top 10" for Project Ignition sponsored by State Farm Insurance. Next April they will be traveling to Washington DC to attend the CADCA Conference and will try for the top spot.
WTSEA Fourth Quarter Board Meeting
Washington State SADD report
December 3, 2011
Submitted by Gerald Apple
- Many of the SADD clubs in the state of Washington attended the Prevention Summit in Yakima on October 27th-29th.
- Shelton High School was recognized as the club of the year at the prevention summit.
- Putting on a workshop on “Texting and Driving” at the fall conference in October at the Bellevue Red Lion.
- Working with my Shelton High School SADD club students on our “Project Ignition” grant to prevent texting and driving in our schools, community and across the state. We received an extra $2500 to work on this safety project for the 2011-2012 school year. Plus, we received $5000 to attend the CADCA conference on April 11-14th in St. Paul, Minnesota. Plus, we received several small grants from the Washington Traffic Safety Commission.
- Currently there is no state SADD coordinator in the state of Washington.
- There will be a prevention summit in May at the Great Wolf Lodge. There will be funding for 42 groups of six to present their project at this summit.
- The national SADD conference will be held in Los Angeles in late June
- Advocacy Day at the State Capitol in Olympia will be held in February on President’s Birthday. A group called Together and the Shelton SADD clubs will be organizing this event.
- The NSSP conference will be held in Appleton, Wisconsin in the middle of July, 2012.
- Two students and adults from the Shelton HS SADD club are attending an event at the Department of Transportation in Washington DC on January 8th thru 10th.