WristSense 2015: Workshop on Sensing Systems and Applications Using Wrist Worn Smart Devices.
(co-located with IEEE PerCom 2015) March 27th 2015, St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
- Workshop paper submissions:
November 26, 2014 December 8, 2014 (11:59 PM ET).
- Paper notification date: January 9, 2015.
- Camera ready: January 28, 2015
- Workshop date: March 27, 2015.
- Formatting guidelines: IEEE Computer Society 8.5" x 11" authors kit.
- Submission site: WristSense2015@EDAS.
- Workshop Theme
- The main goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners to share innovative ideas, discuss challenges,
and brainstorm potential solutions to open research problems related to the domain of wrist worn smart devices. Using sensors, computation
resources, and communication interfaces available on smart watches and smart bands, it is possible to capture information about the device
user, perform computation to infer the user’s activities and their context, and communicate these to a smartphone or the cloud. These wrist
worn smart devices represent a perfect platform to conduct research on human activity and behavior. They introduce opportunities for exploring
new research problems, such as efficient classification and computation on the wearable device, offloading of computation from the user’s watch
to the phone or the cloud, enhancement of user experience, smart notification management, physical activity sensing, behavior modeling, and
- Samsung Gear Best Paper Award
- The Samsung Gear award will be given to the best paper presented at the workshop to acknowledge and encourage excellence in research. The awardee will be presented with a certificate and a Samsung Gear at the workshop.