English III Advanced Comp/Junior Lit
REFRESH THE PAGE TO SEE NEW CONTENT
Juniors - Are you interested in taking AP English your 12th grade year? Click on this link and find the Honors/AP application. Follow the instructions. Note: Students who do not follow the instructions or miss the deadline will not be considered. Vanden English Department
Three items are due on Monday.
1. There were three questions related to Nature.
1. Thinking about Nature, how would a Puritan feel about Transcendentalist philosophy? Provide examples from Nature that support your answer.
2. What is the theme found in from Nature? Explain your answer.
3. In what way can a transcendentalist philosophy contrast with revolutionary era thinking? How are the concerns of the two philosophies different? In other words, describe the focus of each philosophy and describe how the two philosophies differ.
2, There were three opinion paragraphs.
* To what extent are all living beings a part of God? To what extent do all beings have an equal place in the universe?
* To what extent do you agree or disagree with Emerson's idea we are all important, that the individual is the key to understanding the world and not the political or religious institutions?
* to what extent do you agree or disagree with Emerson's idea that the human mind is so powerful it can unlock any mystery?
3. There is the five questions related to Self-Reliance.
Find five areas where you may counter the ideas found in Emerson's Self-Reliance excerpt. Write five paragraphs countering those five ideas.
Writers of the Revolution Juniors who are absent must check this link to stay current. You must do all you can do avoid make-up work.
The quiz on Friday will be on all the material covered so far. So, handle all the exercises but also focus on the new material. The quiz will be on 12/13
Salem Research Why not just click here? Remember, you need a Works Cited page! Look it up and handle it correctly. Remember, you are writing a paragraph for each question and you are using the sources provided. This is a mini-research project. Some of you who are reading these very words will not read the instructions and that would be a horrible mistake.
https://sites.google.com/site/wrenenglish/john-smith-excerpt-and-questions John Smith excerpt.
The news assignment must be typed. The assignment is due Friday. You must send the assignment via email.
Columbus Questions You do not need to complete this assignment this weekend. If you want, you may do the extra credit assignment by clicking on the link. Extra credit is rarely given and I expect high quality work. If the work is completed quickly or without care, I will not accept it.