DORIS GOODERSON SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2013
(ALL PROFIT DONATED TO SEVERN HOSPICE)
The 2013 Doris Gooderson Short Story Competition is now CLOSED
and has been judged
Closing Date = 15th July 2013
Maximum word count = 1200 words
Prizes: 1st = £150, 2nd = £70, 3rd = £40
Entry Fee = £3 per story
All Profit (Entry Fees less Prize Money) to Severn Hospice
Electronic and Postal submissions accepted
Download an entry form in Word or Adobe format at the bottom of this page
Rules of Entry
1. Entries must have a maximum of 1200 words and be written in English.
2. Entries should be in the form of a short story on any theme.
3. Prizes: 1st = £150, 2nd = £70 and 3rd = £40.
4. A minimum fee of £3 is required per entry. Multiple entries are acceptable.
5. All profits will be donated to the Severn Hospice (Charity Number 512394).
6. This competition is open to anyone, of any age, from anywhere in the world.
7. Payments must be made in pounds sterling (GBP).
8. The Closing Date is 15th July 2013 and all entries must arrive by 11.59pm BST on that day.
9. Winners will be notified by 1st October 2013.
10. Copyright remains with the author, although the winning entries will be published in the Wrekin Writers 2013 Anthology and on the Wrekin Writers website.
11. No entries should be submitted into any other competition, whilst this competition is running, but may be entered elsewhere after 1st October 2013.
12. No entries should have been published elsewhere (including on the Internet, where it has been involved in an editorial process.)
13. Entries failing to meet all of these rules will be disqualified.
14. Fees from disqualified entries will not be returned.
15. Entry indicates an acceptance of these rules.
16. The judge’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. This entry form can be photocopied if required.
18. Entries should be submitted to: The Competition Secretary, 29 Christine Avenue, Wellington, Telford, TF1 2DX.
19. A completed entry form must accompany your submission.
20. The fee should be paid by cheque made payable to Wrekin Writers Group. PayPal is for electronic entries only.
21. Entries should not have the author’s name or any other identifying marks on the typescript, but each page should contain the story title and page number at the top or bottom.
22. Entries must be typed double-spaced on white A4 or similar sized paper, and be on one side of the paper only.
23. No entries will be returned unless a stamped addressed envelope is enclosed.
24. Entries can only be acknowledged if a stamped addressed post card is enclosed.
25. Entries with insufficient postage will NOT be collected from the Post Office. Please Check your POSTAGE! A4 envelopes cost more to send – and more to post back, if you’re enclosing a SAE.
26. Electronic Entries should be submitted to DorisGooderson@gmail.com as an attachment to the email.
27. A completed entry form must also be attached to the same email.
28. Entry fee payment should be made by PayPal to WrekinWriters@gmail.com.