The Board of Directors is notifying WORT's members of proposed revisions to the station's governing Bylaws.
· The revised Bylaws will be on the ballot at the 2014 Annual Meeting for a vote of approval by the members.
· The Annual Meeting will take place on Sunday, June 29, 2014 from 3:00-6:00 pm. Location to be determined.
Download the Final Draft Proposed Bylaws: Download WORT's Current Bylaws:
Objectives of Bylaws Review
· Streamline the bylaws – make them less complex and confusing.
· Ensure bylaws are flexible enough to allow the station to grow and adapt.
· Ensure Bylaws outline the overarching governing framework, rather than focus on processes and implementation. (Implementation sections would be removed and included in Policy documents.)
· Clarify the focus of the Board. Outline a governing structure that ensures the Board is responsible to listeners.
· Ensure the Board has the capacity and flexibility required to fulfill its responsibilities.
· Eliminate discrepancies and conflicting information.
· January: The Board holds working meetings to review and discuss updates to the existing Bylaws on the proposed Bylaws - COMPLETED
· February: The Board finalizes proposed changes to the Bylaws - COMPLETED
· March 10-April 10: The Board accepts feedback on the proposed Bylaws - COMPLETED
· April 10-20: Board synthesizes comments and prepares final draft proposed revised Bylaws - COMPLETED
· April 21: Board approves proposed bylaws to present to membership - COMPLETED
· April 22-June 29: Notify members of revisions to Bylaws - ONGOING
· June 29: Annual membership meeting - membership votes to approve proposed revisions to Bylaws.