Welcome to the Worked All North Carolina Award
Available to Radio Amateurs and SWL’s worldwide who can provide
proof of 2-way contact with all 100 counties in North Carolina.
- Phone (SSB, AM, FM)
- Single Band (2m through 160m)
- 5 Band (10m, 15m, 20m, 40m and 80m)
- All QSO's must be 2-way using the same mode. No repeater or cross
mode contacts allowed.
- QSO’s on 12m, 17m and 30m count for the All Band Award but not 5
Fee: There is no fee.
- All applications for the Worked All North Carolina (WANC) Award
must be submitted on the WANC application form along with a County Record
sheet showing call sign of station worked, Date, Time in UTC, Band, Mode
- Submission of QSL cards is optional. QSL's can be verified using
the GCR (General Certification Rule) by 2 non-family Amateur Licensees,
General class or higher, and signed on the application sheet.
- USA-CA or MARAC holders need only submit an application form along
the award number.
- If you are using your USA-CA or MARAC number, it must be for the
same mode for which it was awarded. If it is for a Mixed award, cards must
be submitted and the GCR rule will apply to it.
- The WANC Manager reserves the right to spot check any QSO's for
validity by contacting any of the applicants claimed stations.
- Applications and county record sheets can be obtained by sending a
self addressed, stamped, business size envelope (4x9) or via E-mail file
attachment to the addresses listed below.
Send completed application and
county sheets to: