We believe that our members are professionals and should be viewed as experts in the field of education by the District 39 administration, Board of Education, and community.
We believe that effective communication within our organization as well as with the District 39 administration, Board of Education, and community is essential to the success of the WEA as a professional association.
We believe that the WEA must develop expertise in the areas of finance, human resources, employee benefits, as well as employee rights and responsibilities in order to serve the needs of our members.
We believe that the WEA must provide support for our members so that they are able focus on educating students.
We believe that the WEA Executive Board must provide leadership for our members so that we can achieve our goals.
10 Facts You Should Know About the WEA
1. We are professionals
2. We are here to provide you with the support you need so that you are able to focus on educating your students.
3. Educating the children of District 39 is the top priority of our members
4. Protecting the rights of our members is the top priority of our organization.
5. It is important that you read the contract so that you are familiar with your rights and responsibilities
6. WEA Building Reps are the FIRST people you should go to with any questions or concerns you have about your rights and responsibilities.
7. Our current contract expires in August of 2013. We are going to be negotiating a new contract with the Board of Education starting in early 2013.
8. An informed and involved membership is the key to our success.
9. It is important for you to stay informed about the activities of the WEA by reading communications that are distributed and attending B.U.M.(Bargaining Unit Member)meetings
10. There are lots of ways you can get involved in supporting the activities of the WEA and we invite you to do so.