Welcome! I am currently a fourth-year PhD student in Physics at the University of California, Berkeley, in the Condensed Matter Theory Center. My thesis advisor is Joel Moore. My research is supported by the NDSEG and Hellman Graduate Fellowships.
Previously, I read Part III Mathematics at the University of Cambridge and Philosophy of Physics at the University of Oxford as a Marshall Scholar. I completed undergraduate degrees in Physics and Mathematics at the University of Texas at Austin as part of the Dean's Scholars Honors Program.
My main interests are in emergent phenomena in strongly correlated electronic systems; so far I have worked mostly on universal aspects of periodically driven systems using conformal field theory and strong-disorder techniques.
Outside of physics, my hobbies include playing the violin, scuba diving and backpacking.
- I'm excited to attend the KITP program Dynamics of Quantum Information from 9/10 - 9/28. I'll also attend its conference from 8/27 - 8/31.
University of California, Berkeley, PhD Physics (2015 - ). Adivsor: Joel Moore.
University of Oxford, MSt Philosophy of Physics (2015).
University of Cambridge, MASt Mathematics (Part III) (2014).
University of Texas at Austin, BS Physics, BS Mathematics (2013).
4. W. Berdanier, M. Kolodrubetz, S. Parameswaran and R. Vasseur. "Strong-Disorder Renormalization Group for Periodically Driven Systems." Phys. Rev. B. 98, 174203 (2018).
3. W. Berdanier, M. Kolodrubetz, S. Parameswaran and R. Vasseur. "Floquet Quantum Criticality." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 115 (38) 9491-9496 (2018).
2. W. Berdanier, M. Kolodrubetz, R. Vasseur and J. E. Moore. “Floquet Dynamics of Boundary-Driven Systems at Criticality.” Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 260602 (2017).
1. W. Berdanier, P. K. Roy and I. D. Kaganovich. “Intense ion beam neutralization using underdense background plasma.” Phys. Plasmas 22, 013104 (2015).
Referee for: PRA, PRB, PRL.