Use your browser's search command to search these FAQs.
- Go to http://ewilkes.wilkes.edu in any web browser.
- Log in with your Wilkes username and password.
No, your @wilkes.edu email address will stay the same.
Any email currently in your Wilkes account was automatically migrated to your new Google account.
All Wilkes accounts have now been transitioned to Google.
The opt-in process is now complete. Anyone who did not opt-in to Google was automatically migrated in early January.
You do not have to get rid of any existing Google accounts. However, if you have previously listed your Wilkes email address as a backup address in your Google account, you will be asked to change this address to a non-Google email once you have transitioned.
The sending limits are listed here:
Google Apps supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 7+
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0+
- Apple Safari 3.0
No. Because Google Apps runs in a web browser, you just need to use a supported browser.
Google Apps works great in any standard web browser. But you can access your account from other programs, too. Here are your choices:
- Microsoft Outlook: Access your Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendars from Microsoft Outlook using Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook. Learn more about Google Apps Sync.
- IMAP clients: You can also access Gmail from any of several other mail programs by setting them up as IMAP clients. These include Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Windows Mail, Apple Mail, and more. Get instructions on IMAP clients.
- POP clients: If your mail program can't be set up for IMAP, you can set it up as a POP client instead. Get instructions on POP clients.
The interface for Gmail and Google Calendar are available in over 50 languages. For a list of the available languages and instructions on how to set a different language, see the Gmail Help Center.