One of our strategic goals is to provide value to the Chapter and at-large members in our area through leadership opportunities, CPE sessions, meetings, and opportunities for networking and social interactions. We also work to promote the CMA certification and to support and provide information to students in our area on IMA, the CMA certification, and management accounting careers.
June is the end of 2015-16 year and the month of our 2016 Annual IMA Conference and Exposition in Las Vegas, NV. Diane Hewlett, WWC President 2015-16 will be accepting the “Council Award of Excellence” for our exceptional performance as a council this year. Congratulations to Diane and the 2015-16 WWC Board! In addition, the Chapters in our WWC Council will be accepting the following awards for 2015-16:
- San Diego - Web Site - Gold Award, Stevenson Division
- LA Metro - Community Service (Runner-Up), Stevenson Division
- Inland Empire - Newsletter - Silver Award and Web Site - Bronze Award, Warner Division
- Arizona Valley of the Sun - Newsletter - Gold Award, Community Service - Gold Award, and Public Relations - Gold Award, Stevenson Division
To round out this month, I am excited to say we are offering another opportunity of the CLEWs Leadership Training for chapter leaders over the following schedule:
Wednesday, June 15, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 16, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 29, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 30, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
In July, I will take the helm as the President of the WWC! I am looking forward to working with a dynamic board and continuing the strategic success that Diane initiated last spring. To start of our year, we will hold our first meeting of the 2016-17 year in San Diego on Friday, August 12th through Saturday, August 13th. We are still working out the details of the meeting at this time, so please stay tuned to our WWC Round Up emails for updates!
In the meantime, please mark your calendar for the 2016-17 meetings:
- San Diego - August 12th and 13th
- Tucson - October 28th and 29th
- Inland Empire - January 20th and 21st
- Phoenix - April 21st and 22nd
We hope to see many of you at the IMA Conference this month and our August meeting in San Diego!
WWC Social Media Links:
For full-page calendar view, go to our calendar page.