The Adirondack Park* was created in 1892 by the State of New York amid concerns for the water and timber resources
of the region's 6 million acres, nearly half of which is constitutionally protected to remain 'forever wild' forest preserve.
* Composed primarily of ancient rocks (granite) more than a billion years old, the Adirondacks are "new mountains from old rocks"
Are you an existing (US/International) Craft Brewery/Distillery, Master/Asst Brewer or Home Brewing* dreamer?
*How do you think Jim Koch, Ken Grossman, Gary Fish, Greg Koch & Kim Jordan got started?
If you want to site a new brewery and insist on access to plentiful, soft, pure, (& cheap) 'forever wild' water.
And, you want to brew very special, world class beers; You are in the right 'place', the ADKs of N NY!
Why here? Why site in/around the 14 ANCA 'Blue Line' Counties of the Adirondacks?
- 'Forever Wild' Water (Pilzen, CZ soft) Resources such as GooseNeck Pond in the ADK Pharaoh Lake Wilderness
- Targeted New York State Economic Development Incentives including > Tax & Job Credits & Export Assistance & STARTUP-NY.com
- USCIS EB-5 Investment Capital ADKBREWCO Regional Center to provide capital to 'grow'/site craft beer entities
- NY's State Beer Excise Tax was just $0.14 cpg making NY one of the lowest #beer excise tax rates in the US; NOW $0.00 cpg!! 1st 500K gal (~16KBbls)
- Note: July 2012 > beer excise tax 'ZEROED OUT' ( tax credited to $0.00 cpg first 500K gals & $0.095 cpg next 15M gals!)
- Tax Foundation #beer excise tax map for 2014. Note: NY rate of $0.14 cpg doesn't reflect changes enacted by .Gov Cuomo. eg You can't beat 'ZERO' cpg
- 100 Milion consumers w/i 350 mi Amtrack & CN Rail, & N-S-E-W Interstates > Montreal 2hr,/Boston 4hr/NYC 5hr