The New Mexico State University (NMSU) Chapter for Women and Minorities in Computing was founded in 2011 with the express purpose of engaging and creating a community for C-STEM students at NMSU. Other goals of WaMiC are to:
- Increase the number of female and minority students at New Mexico State University
- Improve the retention of female and minority students enrolled in C-STEM majors at NMSU
- Promote the advancement of females and minorities in computing fields
- Provide a forum for exchange of information pertinent to female and minority students in computing fields
- Develop a working network with area schools to encourage female and minority students to enter computing fields
- Promote professional advancement for females and minorities in computing fields for fostering cooperation among industry, government, and the academic and professional communities to improve educational and employment opportunities.
-Thursday September 25th 2014
Bring socks, ID and $8!
Our next meeting is:
- Wednesday September 24, 2014
- 6 PM
- SH 124!
We still selling CS T-Shirts! Contact us to purchase!
Missed our last meeting?!
- View the minutes here!
-Visit the WaMiC Library!
Last Spring semester WaMiC, CSGSO and ACM organized and coordinated a trip to Carlsbad Caverns for all CS students and staff. Here's the awesome photos we took:
CONGRATULATIONS NEW OFFICERS!!!!!
During the September 24, 2014 meeting elections were held and the new officers are:
PRESIDENT: Sam McGuinn
VICE-PRESIDENT: Esperanza Medina
SECRETARY: Richard Stanton
TREASURER: Natasha Nesiba