- In an effort to promote membership, the Membership Committee of the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association (SCC/MLA) would like your help in creating a promotional video for our chapter. The winning video will be used to promote chapter membership, and the video creator(s) will receive $500 to travel to the SCC/MLA 2013 Annual Meeting!
video must emphasize reasons to join SCC/MLA. These reasons include, but are not limited to networking, sharing ideas, and professional development.
entries should be approximately 30 to 90 seconds in length.
should not contain violence, profanity, sexual situations, harsh criticism of individuals or
organizations, or other inappropriate messages.
video should comply with all laws where it was filmed.
should not infringe on any third party rights.
video should include the chapter’s website address, www.sccmla.org
- Contestants must post video submissions to YouTube.
For more information about creating a YouTube account and uploading videos, visit the YouTube Help site. The use of YouTube to accept contest entries
does not imply an endorsement of the site or its parent company by SCC/MLA.
- Contestants must also submit the copyright form to Barbara Cosart, Membership Committee Chair, at bdCosart@seton.org. If there is more than
one creator of a video, each creator must complete and submit his/her own copyright form. Electronic submission of the form is preferred.
- All SCC/MLA members are eligible to enter the contest. If a submitted video has more than one creator, each creator must be a member of SCC/MLA. If you would like to participate in the contest but are not a member of the chapter, you can join on the SCC/MLA website.
video should be an original creation. Copyrighted music, video, or images
may be used if the owner of the copyright has granted permission for
video must not have been previously produced for any type of compensation
or other competition.
- Captions are not required, but they are certainly permitted. To add captions, follow the instructions on YouTube.
- SCC/MLA encourages video submission in high definition (HD)
format, but will accept a video in any format.
- By submitting a video in this contest, you hereby grant SCC/MLA
a non-exclusive, royalty free, irrevocable license to reproduce, distribute,
modify, create derivative works from, display, and perform publicly and
otherwise use, and authorize others to use, the video or derivatives thereof for
any chapter-related purpose.
- Each person who appears or speaks in the
video must sign a written release granting permission to use his/her likeness in
the video. If any person seen or heard in your video is under 18 years old, his or her parent or guardian must also sign this
release form. SCC/MLA reserves the right to collect these release forms.
- There will be one overall award recipient. The recipient
will receive $500.00 to travel to the SCC/MLA 2013 Annual Meeting in Fort Worth,
TX. The winning video will be featured at the Annual Meeting and
be featured on the SCC/MLA
- As this is a travel award, the recipient must register for
the Annual Meeting in Fort Worth, TX either before or after entering the contest.
He/She will be presented a check at the Annual Meeting to reimburse travel expenses.
- The award recipient must provide a digital copy of the original video
files and transcript to SCC/MLA for archival purposes.
- Entries must publicize SCC/MLA and can employ comedy, animation, drama, music, or
first person story to do so. Videos will be judged on the basis of how
effective the videos are in promoting membership to SCC/MLA. Creativity, originality, quality, accuracy, and content of
message will be considered.
- Videos will be judged by the SCC/MLA Membership Committee. The Committee
reserves the right not to select an award recipient.
- Post videos to YouTube and submit the copyright forms to Barbara Cosart at bdCosart@seton.org by 11:59 PM Central Standard Time on Monday, September 2, 2013. The award recipient will be notified by Monday, September 16, 2013.
- The information collected for this contest will be used to contact
contestants regarding this contest and to identify and announce
the creator(s) of the award-winning video. Personal information collected from video submissions will never be sold and will not be given to any third parties for any other purpose than to announce the winner(s).
- Videos posted
to YouTube will be subject to the privacy policies of YouTube.
- Contact Barbara Cosart, Membership Committee Chair, at bdCosart@seton.org for further information.