Look for whydomyfeethurt this spring and summer! Here are some of our upcoming events:
-The Women's Affair: Carlson Center, April 5-7, 2013
- The Outdoor Show: Carlson Center, April 19-21, 2013
- Midnight Sun Festival: June 23, 2013
- Might Night Sun Run: June 22, 2013
- Golden Days: June 2013
- Tanana Valley Fair: August 2-11, 2013
Foot Fit Specialist, Dave, sets the ground rules for incorporating the BOB System (Balancing of Body)
What A Croc!
We have come into our own. We have become everything that we promise to never be. Now you stand there in your Crocs (Don’t even get me started on Sketchers “Shape Ups”). Do you really believe Croc shoes are anything but good for you? It says it all in the name!
-No structure: Gait cycle damage
-No stability: Pronation negative force
-No protection: Balance of the body is compromised
We are just like our parents of the 60s. The down fall of man’s back and knees was called Birkenstock. We swore that we would never be like them, yet there you stand in your Crocs. To be a qualified Crocer, only requires lack of knowledge, laziness, social fashion misfit wannabe, and wanting to be assured premature structural damage to the body (knees and feet).
One Year Later-
whydomyfeethurt.info at the
2011 Midnight Sun Festival
2010 Midnight Sun Festival,
June 20, 2010 | Noon-Midnight
On a rainy, Father's Day morning, foot fit specialist, David Verdugo and owner, Elizabeth Darrah, set up for whydomyfeethurt.info's first Summer Solstice event in downtown Fairbanks.
1. Strengthens Muscles in the Feet and Lower Legs—Wearing Vibram FiveFingers will stimulate and strengthen muscles in the feet and lower legs, improving general foot health and reducing the risk of injury.
2. Improves Range of Motion in Ankles, Feet and Toes—No longer 'cast' in a shoe, the foot and toes move more naturally.
3. Stimulates Neural Function Important to Balance and Agility—When wearing Vibram FiveFingers, thousands of neurological receptors in the feet send valuable information to the brain, improving balance and agility.
4. Eliminate Heel Lift to Align the Spine and Improve Posture—By lowering the heel, your bodyweight becomes evenly distributed across the footbed, promoting proper posture and spinal alignment.
5. Allow the Foot and Body to Move Naturally—Which just FEELS GOOD.
*For those interested in running in Vibram FiveFingers, please go to our Running page for further information.*