Use these topics to guide your students in their research. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but a starting place.
- Location and date of birth
- Location and date of death, if applicable
- Notable achievements or awards
- Where they grew up
- Family (marriages, children)
- Different name
- Best known for…
Resources for determining validity of a website:
When using websites for research, it is extremely important to determine the validity of the information. There are 4 main areas that you and your students will want to pay attention to:
- Authorship - Can you tell who wrote the site? What credentials do they list?
- Accuracy - Can you verify the information with other sources?
- Currency - When was the website written? Updated? Does it contain dead links?
- Objectivity - Why did the author write the information? Are they trying to sell you something?