A Good Sam Club based in Decatur, Alabama
The Wheeler Basin Sams is a group of folks who enjoy RV camping, good food, good friends and good fellowship. We are organized as a Good Sam Club. We are "based" in Decatur, Alabama, but we have happy members from many counties in north central Alabama. So, if you live in north central Alabama, own an RV (or thinking about owning one), you might just find us to be the group you are looking for.
Check us out! We'd like to meet you.
- We have monthly "get-togethers."
- March through November we meet at a "camp-out" held at a nice campground in northern Alabama. Usually, not more than 50 miles from Decatur. Our camp-outs start on Wednesday afternoon and end Friday night, with Saturday departure for home.
- December through February, instead of camping out in North Alabama's unpredictable winter weather, we meet for dinner at a nice, but moderately priced, restaurant.
- Our camp-outs are pretty relaxing and very enjoyable. We operate with a wonderful lack of organization. Generally, folks bring a whole bunch of snacks to munch on. We play card games, dominoes, and about anything else a person wants to try. We have a pot-luck dinner on Thursday evening followed by our monthly business meeting. The meeting is short, to the point, and relatively painless. The theme for us is to just get together for fun, fellowship, and a good time.
- Annual dues are $15.00 per couple.
- We support Good Sam membership and members of our group attend Good Sam Samborees.
- For additional information, please e-mail our Club President at the address below. Leave a question or a phone number. He'll call you.
- Milton Lovvorn-President
- (256) 558-2409