Public Transport on Pickwick Night
Please Note: This year’s Whalley Pickwick event will be slightly different to previous years, in that town centre roads will remain open. Whalley Bus Station will be closed to buses, so passengers are requested to wait at the temporary bus stop on King Street for journeys towards Preston / Burnley and Blackburn.
Due to the nature of the event taking place, services may experience slight delays when passing through Whalley.
The bus station will be fully closed between 4:30pm and 9:30pm. This is to accommodate traders vehicles during the event keeping street parking free for visitors to the event. The temporary bus stop will be located at the court yard at the side of Cosgroves at the exit of the bus station.
Reason for no road closure
The event is being moved for this year only to the Whalley Arms Car Park / Swan Hotel Car Park and the Village Hall.
Impact of closure of the Bus Station on public transport
Listed below are bus services which are affected with the moving the bus stops from the station to King Street:
22,27,26,280,X80,5,5A,25,231,M2,14,15 all these services are affected in one direction only (towards Preston, Burnley and Blackburn).
Network Rail service – Manchester Victoria to Clitheroe (no impact on this service)
Parking is available from the Sidings Business park located next to the Whalley Railway Station. Signs will direct visitors to the parking.
No parking will be avaialble within the areas on the Whalley Arms Car Park and the Swan Hotel Car Parks. Use of public transport in encouraged.
- Free Parking at the Sidings Business Park (Next to the Railway Station in Whalley). This will be sign posted as the official parking for the event. The Sidings is the junction just before the railway bridge opposite Breda Murphy's Restaurant, off Mitton Road. Sat Nav Postcode: BB7 9SE . Parking here is only 5 mins walk from the village centre. A taxi shuttle;e service will be available for those who may struggle to walk.
- Dedicated Disabled Parking is available on King Street near Barclays Bank.
- On street parking is available in the parking bays in King Street between the Accrington Road round-a-bout and Whalley Bridge on your way into Billington.
- On street parking on one side of Accrington Road between Simply the Best and the traffic lights at the Spring Woods junction.
- On street parking in Billington on Whalley Road between Whalley Bridge and the Arches Garage.