The 2016 Potomac Open will be held at Ashburn Ice House
in Ashburn, VA, where the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Potomac Opens were held.
Ashburn Ice House is conveniently located in the suburbs of
Washington, DC and is readily accessible by car and mass transit.
- Located at 21595 Smiths Switch Road, Ashburn, VA 20147.
For a map and directions, click here.
- There are two sheets of ice, both NHL.
- There is ample, free parking.
- Changing rooms are available to all competitors, and there are coin-operated lockers as well.
- There is a full-service restaurant available - Pomodoro. Restaurants from casual to formal and at all price points are available within easy walking and/or driving distance from the rink.
- The pro shop will be open and sells all skating-related items including tights, gloves, socks, and laces.
- Skate technicians will be on site to address any sharpening or other boot or blade maintenance issues.
- Free wi-fi is available.
- There is an ATM on site.
freestyle sessions are available before the competition begins. Call the rink at 703-858-0300 for information about signing up for freestyle sessions.