Welcome to First Grade Soccer!
Fall Season: The fall season runs from September 12, 2015 until November 14, 2015.
Games will NOT be played on Westwood Day which is Saturday October 3, 2015.
Spring Season: The spring season begins in April 2016 through Mid-June 2016. (Dates to be finalized pending field availability).
Re-registration for the spring season is NOT required as the 1st grade soccer program is a full-year program.
to the Deerfield field reconstruction times and location for the Mites
programs have been adjusted for the Fall 2015 Season.
All games this Fall will be played at the SHEEHAN fields (510 Pond Street) on Saturdays: See Parking Note below.
- Girls play from 9:30 am to 10:45 am
- Boys play from 12:30 pm to 1:45 pm
No make-up games will be played. If a game is canceled due to weather it will be posted here: Weekend Field Status by 7:30 am.
Parking for the Sheehan field is limited to certain areas on Pond Street, Oak Street, and surrounding neighborhood streets.
are not allowed to park on both sides of Pond Plain Road or Greenacre
Road for any reason. Please try to carpool or walk if possible.
Grade Mites Soccer players are encouraged to build their skills without
the pressure of score keeping. We don’t keep track of goals and there
are no goal keepers. Coaches begin with a practice focusing on the
skills of dribbling, changing the direction of the ball and passing.
All activities coaches will use are listed on this page below and have
been developed by the Director of Coaching. We are building skills,
good sportsmanship and having fun.
1 Mites Soccer is not a drop-off activity. A responsible adult must
stay with the player for the duration of the practice/game.
- Same Shirts and Teams for the Spring Season
- Shin guards and soccer socks that cover the shin guards are required.
- Cleats are optional but recommended.
- Players should bring a labeled water bottle to each game.
- No dogs allowed on any of the Westwood Fields.
- Players sit with their teams on the sidelines. Parents sit on the opposite side of the field.
- Please pick up trash on field at the conclusion of the game.
We look forward to a great year of First Grade Soccer!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
See you on the fields!Sincerely,
Tracy J Green
First Grade Soccer Coordinator