In April of 1957, a group of concerned citizens from this area filed official papers with the State of Maryland to incorporate the area to be known as the “West Towson Improvement Association." The association was formed:
• to provide a legitimate voice in the county government for issues affecting our neighborhood;
• to recognize the need for improvements;
• to maintain proper zoning;
• to eliminate safety hazards;
• to maximize police and fire protection; and
• to provide a means by which we could communicate with all people living in the area.
In 1987, our name was changed to “The West Towson Neighborhood Association."
The boundaries of the West Towson Neighborhood Association are as follows:
• West of Bosley Ave. on the east
• Both sides of Joppa Rd., on the north
• East side of Charles St., on the west
• North side of Chesapeake Ave., on the south
Over the years, the purpose of our association has remained basically the same. The success that we have enjoyed could not have been achieved without the diligence and hard work of volunteers who feel our community is worth some time and effort to make it a better place.
The Association Board of Governors meets on the first Monday of the month. Meetings are held at Pickersgill @7:45 p.m. Visitors are welcome.
If you are not already a member, you can join for only $35.00. You'll receive our newsletter and support the organization that works to improve our quality of life in beautiful West Towson.
Send your dues today to:
WTNA, PO Box 502, Riderwood MD 21139-0502