The West Stanislaus Resource Conservation District was formed in 1980 through the consolidation of the Orestimba (1958) and Patterson (1958) RCDs. The District’s mission prioritizes local natural resource conservation concerns and the implementation of planned activities by assisting District landowners through technical assistance, cost-sharing, grant programs, administrative assistance and representation at various workshops, meetings and public hearings.
About the links to the left
Agriculture Drainage link gives an overview of the issue.
Westside Coalition link discusses the regulatory framework
Stakeholder Project link describes the Stakeholder Project being developed by the West Stanislaus RCD and the Westside San Joaquin Watershed Coalition to facilitate locally led solutions to the drainage issue
Services link shows the on the ground and face to face services WSRCD offers to growers attempting to implement conservation practices